• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

help with rem870

G1122

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
hey yall i got this remington 870 police magnum from a shop around here at a great price, fast forward a few days i got it out to clean it and in the process of taking it down the very tip end of the left shell catch broke off, dont ask how cause im not really sure, causing it to not feed or extract shells. problem is these arms are staked into the receiver and im unable to fix this, ive read its not a problem if they arent staked as the bolt will more or less hold them in place? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It doesn't not need to be staked, that's done more so you won't lose it, and to make reassembly easier. I do stake them when I replace them, however.

Happy to do it for you at TruPrep in Marietta, but that's a bit of a haul for you.

There are plenty of shell latches available on eBay.

It doesn't not need to be staked, that's done more so you won't lose it, and to make reassembly easier. I do stake them when I replace them, however.

Happy to do it for you at TruPrep in Marietta, but that's a bit of a haul for you.

There are plenty of shell latches available on eBay.
To be fair I’ve been looking for a reason to go by there for a few years now, just don’t ever really get down that way. May just have to leave it loose till a trip can be made down there.

To be fair I’ve been looking for a reason to go by there for a few years now, just don’t ever really get down that way. May just have to leave it loose till a trip can be made down there.

Outstanding! I’m there most days except Thursdays and Fridays.

Back
Top Bottom