• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heart valve repair ?

I had a heart murmur and had mitral valve repair surgery performed in 2001 at Southwestern Hospital in Dallas TX. Surgery was pretty routine. It was done on a Monday morning. By Thursday I was eating whataburgers that my wife snuck in to the hospital. Discharged on Friday, and in church on Sunday. Then my company made me stay home another 5 weeks because it was open heart surgery.

An old good buddy is being told about a repair on a heart valve. Has anyone had one and know anything about the service ? He was told about Emory.
Dad just had a TAVR done a few weeks ago. Grandpa had the same 3 years ago. Both had aortic stenosis (looks like I’m on the clock for 2049). They were simple and relatively easy for them. Overnight stay and out the next day.

My Dad has a valve replaced with a pig valve a few years back. He had it done at the Medical Center in Macon (first mistake). They tested him and determined he was not allergic to heparin, so they poured it in him by the gallon to prevent clotting.

Turns out he was allergic to heparin. Multiple clots, partial infection, he was in the hospital for two weeks. And now the valve leaks. Do your research on the surgeon and hospital.

Emory is a TOP Cardiac Care hospital in the SE USA. You or your friend should be in good hands there. My Mom is 92 almost 93 Thanks to Dr Clements there.

Back
Top Bottom