• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Heads Up Cherokee County..........Farm consortium cooperative opportunity

I know another guy that is selling a share of his preparedness setup (facilites, gardens, etc.) and while it isn't cheap, he has nearly everything imaginable to support a large group of people. I was interested but couldn't get over the idea of investing money while not actually owning any land. I have a pretty high trust level in the guy, but concluded it was not the right thing for my family.

The above ad sounds interesting - and there's nothing wrong with sharing the build out to make it a safe haven. Outlander has the right idea - you need a solid, enforceable agreement.

We're still looking for something that will work for us. Gotta step up the search - our goal is to have something located/purchased by mid-2012.

The ad has been deleted by its author, dang it...I didn't even get to read it. Anyone get any replies?

Never heard anything back. I emailed the CL ad on the evening this thread was originally posted. (Jan 10)
Prolly a scam like so many other BS Craigslist ads but I wanted info if it was legit. Oh well......

Not sure about georgia, but in louisiana when I was growing up the power companies used to allow usage of some parts of the right of way for high lines for small garden use. Maybe something to look into for those close by one who are not land owners? Just an idea anyway. Most people don't realize how much you can grow for your family in a PUD/Subdivision back yard with the proper set up. I container gardened in Savannah and we supplemented our food quite heavily this way. Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash, zuchinni, cantelope, watermelons... all sorts of herbs... just takes prep and time.

Back
Top Bottom