• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have you ever witnessed something that absolutely freaked you out?

Me personally - was down in WR for Thanksgiving vacation with my family one year many years ago.

Was just chillin' on the couch and experienced the most overwhelming sense of having been violated. I mean it was significant but I was just sitting there alone. Maybe too much cranberry sauce?

When I got back to my condo in Atlanta I discovered my motorcycle had been stolen. It dawned on my where that feeling had come from. I loved my motorcycle. It was found a few months later on its side on fire by Dekalb County's finest...

A better family story is that during WWII my uncle was in the Battle of the Bulge. He was manning a Browning 1919 fending off a ferocious German attack and supposedly ruined multiple barrels in the process. He thought they were going to be over-run and he would be killed but in the dark of the night he saw a mist and an image of his mother telling him he was going to be ok. He survived the battle and the war.

When he returned home after the war he was talking with family and shared the experience. Turns out my grandmother had a heavy feeling of her son being in danger but feeling that he would be ok. When they compared notes it turned out to be the same day for both. Makes for a great family story.

And there were the ghost stories my mom and aunts would tell when I was young. Not sure what was real and what was made up. I'm guessing mostly made up. Mostly.

Not as heavy as some of these but interesting...when my wife and I move into our current house about 25 years ago we had a really nice elderly couple next door. The husbands' name was Bill and he was a WW2, Korean War and Vietnam War Marine Veteran.....anyways after about 8 years they both happen to fall ill and go to the hospital. Unfortunately his wife dies, but he pulls through and eventually recovers enough to be able to go home-but now a widower. I check on him from time to time, but one day a couple of years later I am out in my sunroom where I had a treadmill-getting some exercise at 3 am before heading to work. I look over to my neighbor's house and had this overwhelming feeling that something was wrong. I shake it off and go to work but when I get home I see an ambulance and firetruck at the neighbors' house. Apparently he fell down the stairs and laid there for several days before he died...I felt terrible-wishing I had done more in checking up on him. After a while, since the children are grown, the house was sold to a couple from up north. After a month or so I'm talking to my new neighbors and she asks me out of the blue "Did somebody die in the house?" I tell her yes-the previous owner did but tell her the man was a kind and super nice guy-why did she ask? She tells me that at the base of the stairs it will be colder than the rest of the house. She will walk from the dining room, across the base of the stairs and into the hallway and she will feel the temperature drop right at the stairwell landing and only there at the stairwell area and nowhere else-the exact area where Bill had lain and died. She then told me her dogs will bark at the base of the stairs when nobody is there. After I told her the name of the previous owner, she just started saying "Hi Bill!!" whenever she felt the temp drop at the base of the stairs or if the dogs started barking at the stairs. After a while it all went away, so who knows. Maybe being acknowledged at the place of his death was all that Ole' Bill wanted. Rest in peace Bill.

I wasn't sure if i was going to share this or not. I had cancer in 02'-03'. When i was going through chemo i had a very odd and very "real" dream. I was at Philmont scout ranch with my dad. I went to Philmont when i was 17...my dad went with my troop a cpl year later as they needed another adult and he had never been. so I had never been to philmont with my dad. In the dream we were hiking into the tooth of time camp site together alone. I had been to this camp in real life years before when i was 17...the camp looked totally different in my dream. a kid called down the tooth side trail and said "somebody saw a rattlesnake be careful." another adult came around the bend in my dream and said something i no longer remember and my dad went to walk the tooth side trail to the overlook, I dropped my pack and sat to nap...I was woken by scouts yelling for me to run up the trail NOW...my dad had been bit by the rattle snake...and died. I woke shaking and freaking out, called my dad at work and made sure he was alive.

I FIRMLY believe that this happened in to another ME in another timeline/parallel universe...because fast forward a year...

I was a few months off chemo and my dad asked me if i wanted to goto philmont with him and my old troop if my doc cleared me. we went. at this point i did not remember the dream...until we hiked into the tooth of time camp. I didn't recognize the tooth camp in my dream because we hiked in from the opposite direction that my crew had taken 6 years before. the sense of deja vu that hit me was unlike anything i have ever experienced. I started freaking out. I told my dad a kid would call down the hill about a rattlesnake...the scout did, but now i knew his name. I told my dad that roger would come around the bend and say whatever he said...he did...my dad is getting as pale as i am. he said "im going up wanna come?" I said "if you go up there you die by snake...I dreamed it. I am not ****ing around" he didnt...and i paddle and hike with him on weekends. Some other "me" lost his dad that day. for some reason i was able to save mine.

I only had one other dream with the same feeling as this one...and it is too terrifying to discuss. thanks for reading that mess.
Very similar to de javu/premonition dreams I get. I would not dismiss your other dream.

So I've read through this whole thread and thought I would drop this in here. Full disclosure, this post and its author operate out of a New Testament understanding of the way the world works, up to - and most definitely including - Ephesians 6:12.

I was dating a girl and her father was a lead minister in a somewhat, shall we say, charismatic wing of the PCUSA church. Back then, in the early 2000's the PCUSA wasn't really the flagrant group that it can be now, so to some, being "pentecostal" was already a bridge to far; but now that they've gone full inclusionist, it really seems silly that just a few years ago speaking in toungues could get you in hot water....but I digress.

We've flown up to Sutton, Alaska to a place called Victory Bible Camp and the girlfriend's Dad is leading this conference on prayer and spiritual warfare. And before we get into this, I should note that I am a willing skeptic at this point. I went to the conference because, heck, it was Alaska, it was free, and my girlfriend was going to be there. Sweet deal, right?

So it's opening night, we've all sort of "met and mingled" and we've gather for our first night of worship. We've sung a few songs and then girlfriend's dad tells us all to break up into groups and pray for one another. So I'm with the girlfriend in this one group and as the prayer begins, we all hold hands, one person prays and then squeezes the hand of the next person and around the circle we go. Well, I had already prayed and as is often the case in these situations, my mind wanders...I'm sure you can relate.

And I only notice something is up in the group next to me because I notice that it has been silent for awhile...and so I sort of pay attention...and no one is praying...and I think to myself, "they can't be through already." And then I hear a sweet old lady say to someone, "go on honey, it's your turn." And "honey" responds politely that she doesn't want to pray. At this point, I'm intrigued so I open my eyes and look over. She's about my age, black hair, fair skin, late teens, in black yoga pants and two tanks tops as was the trend back then, one was white and over it was a green one. Yes, I was checking her out...sorry.

But anyhow, this goes on for a few more beats and then the lady again urges her to pray. Honey again replies politely that she doesn't want to. A few more awkward seconds and then another man in the group asks her if she's OK, to which she sheepishly responds that's she fine, she just doesn't want to pray. At this point, I begin to get a little pissed. Leave her alone, right? Maybe she has anxiety issues, maybe she's shy. She doesn't want to pray, so what? Just leave it be and move on, right? Well then another guy asks her why she doesn't want to pray and she starts crying. And at this point I'm about to go over there and talk some sense into these people. So the woman who started the whole thing goes over to hug her and comfort her and dude number two that asked why she didn't want to pray goes over and asks again. He says "What's wrong with you? Why don't you want to pray?".......and guys, hand to the Lord on a Bible.....this girl's eyes roll back in her head and she slumps over into the old ladies arms and says, in a voice that curdled my soul then and still gives me goosebumps today, "She does not believe."

This group of people banded together and began praying for her. Dude Number Two who I later found out was the associate pastor to Girlfriend's Dad goes to get Girlfriend's Dad. He shows up and literally talks to this demon and in Jesus' name, casts it out. Immediately, this girl's eyes roll back into her head, she gasps deeply and passes *ahem* the hell out.

In about ten minutes she wakes up and has no recollection of what happened. She remembers having this feeling of dread right before we broke up to start praying but then has a blank until she woke up. While she was asleep several people prayed for her and this one native Inuit woman sang over her the whole time...it was surreal. She commited her life to Christ that evening after waking up.

Several other stories from that weekend that opened my eyes to the fact that indeed, the devil is like a lion, prowling around waiting to devour us.

Dayum, that right thar . . . !

Not as heavy as some of these but interesting...when my wife and I move into our current house about 25 years ago we had a really nice elderly couple next door. The husbands' name was Bill and he was a WW2, Korean War and Vietnam War Marine Veteran.....anyways after about 8 years they both happen to fall ill and go to the hospital. Unfortunately his wife dies, but he pulls through and eventually recovers enough to be able to go home-but now a widower. I check on him from time to time, but one day a couple of years later I am out in my sunroom where I had a treadmill-getting some exercise at 3 am before heading to work. I look over to my neighbor's house and had this overwhelming feeling that something was wrong. I shake it off and go to work but when I get home I see an ambulance and firetruck at the neighbors' house. Apparently he fell down the stairs and laid there for several days before he died...I felt terrible-wishing I had done more in checking up on him. After a while, since the children are grown, the house was sold to a couple from up north. After a month or so I'm talking to my new neighbors and she asks me out of the blue "Did somebody die in the house?" I tell her yes-the previous owner did but tell her the man was a kind and super nice guy-why did she ask? She tells me that at the base of the stairs it will be colder than the rest of the house. She will walk from the dining room, across the base of the stairs and into the hallway and she will feel the temperature drop right at the stairwell landing and only there at the stairwell area and nowhere else-the exact area where Bill had lain and died. She then told me her dogs will bark at the base of the stairs when nobody is there. After I told her the name of the previous owner, she just started saying "Hi Bill!!" whenever she felt the temp drop at the base of the stairs or if the dogs started barking at the stairs. After a while it all went away, so who knows. Maybe being acknowledged at the place of his death was all that Ole' Bill wanted. Rest in peace Bill.

More dayum, that right thar . . . . .

Two years ago I was in Ponte Vedra beach at the resort . Old place but modern. Well it’s 2am and I needed a ice bucket refill. I go downstairs and outside to the ice machine .

It was clear , warm and there was not another human soul around. As I’m filling up the bucket I felt a cold chill . I then looked to my right and there I see this massive fog cloud coming toward me....

My hair stood up, I felt a chill of terror I’ve never felt before and the pistol I had felt useless . I’ve never ran that fast in all my life . After that I make room service bring ice cubes .

Oh there be spirits out there. That’s for sure.

In my current house, and prior to this occurrence I often felt like something was amiss in the house. Just something there, nothing bad, and often I would misplace items that never turned up. So one day I’m upstairs on my throne doing my business when I not only heard but felt the house creak as if someone was coming up the stairs. Oh **** someone’s about to get the drop on me...
I leap up, pants around my ankles ready to shoot and step into the hall way.
No body there, both dogs on the bed looking at me like I’m crazy...
I write it off to the house settling but I know in my heart there was something on the staircase...
Fast forward 6 months and we’ve joked about having a ghost in the house, noises being written off to mainly just an old house settling. One evening my wife and I are watching tv on the couch and recliner when we both looked up, at the same time, and turned as if there was to be someone standing there. As in we felt the presence of another body. Like right in between us and then we smelled what could be best described as beer belch. For sure the smell of beer was strong enough to last several seconds, i still can smell it. We both caught a whiff of it and for sure it wasn’t either of us and we were home alone. Hell there’s no beer in the house anyway. That’s when i decided that there was a spirit and we named her Molly. We say hi to her now and again and I’ve not had any objects go missing and even the house has settled and doesn’t creak any more.

In Dunwoody there is the Donaldson-Bannister house that dates back pre war between the states. It has a small cemetery on site too. We had heard of stories of the place being haunted but didn’t take much stock in it. Till one morning when I arrived there and as I’m getting my tools out of the truck, I look up and see a figure in the top floor window, and then the light in the room goes out. I thought it was a co worker or maybe one of the employees got there early. It didn’t dawn on me what was going on till one of my co workers came around from the side of the house freaking out about seeing someone up stairs. It was just myself and him on the property. And nobody is supposed to be there. I asked Sam the GC about it and he said oh yeah, about 630 in the morning that light goes out. Nobody ever sees it come on but we always see it go out...

Back
Top Bottom