• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have a chance to buy an Norinco made Mak90. Is this a good AK?

Just sold 3 at our shop from an estate sale for 550.00 each. New condition no box or docs thumbhole stock 1 mag. They’re out there for cheaper than 800-1000

They’re a good AKM. Not an incredible AKM. They’re machining isn’t worth 1000.00 but the rarity due to import makes them more valuable. They have a nice blueing and chromed barrels. Some are slant cut receivers some are straight cut receivers.

Slant cut - only takes Chinese and Chinese type furniture

Straight cut - takes most AKM furniture with minor negligible fit and finish.

Barrels usually aren’t threaded

They run well, they’re good looking, but still lest we forget...

View attachment 1689540

Be weary of BFI parts kit Mak-90s built on their in-house receivers. They weren’t heat treated and the rivets would wallow out the holes over time.

The steel is 1.6mm as opposed to the typical stamped 1mm. I always was told it was because Chinese steel at the time was inferior. Despite the extra thick receiver it doesn’t have the typical bulged trunnion like you see on VEPR and Yugoslavian AK variants.

They’re a cool piece of history, nice shooting AKs, aesthetically pleasing, and built just fine. I personally wouldn’t mind paying 700ish for a nice Mak-90 I would be shooting

Examples of the ones sold through my shop

View attachment 1689544

Do you work in a Pawn Shop? Me and RatDog try to hit 10-15 Pawn Shops a month. If it is a Pawn Shop can I have the address. Thanks

I had two of them for several years. I paid $350 each and one included 1000 rounds of ammo and a half dozen mags. Great rifles that are fun to shoot, easy to operate, and clean...if you really think you need to that is. I’d pay up to $700 for one in today’s market but not more...you did well at that price.

I sold my MAK90 not long ago because 1) I picked up an SLR-107F for a great price on here and 2) the unthreaded muzzle bothered me lol. I have the Arsenal and a Rommy Draco atm but honestly I'm not a huge AK guy, I like them but rarely shoot em.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I sold mine Norinco MAK-90 several years ago for a cheap price --I think $350.

The wood furniture on it was the worst feeling clumsy boat paddle crap I've ever encountered a firearm. Yet I did not want to undertake to replace enough parts with American- made substitutes to be 922r compliant.

The iron sights were canted and very much out of alignment with the barrel. I had to move the front sight way, way over to one side to even come close to zero, and that still didn't quite do it.

The gun wasn't particularly accurate, but then I can't say that it was noticeably less accurate another cheap AK's with cheap Wolf or Tula ammo. it was more accurate than a pistol or shotgun with the ghost ring set up, but it was not as accurate as any other rifle I've ever owned.

The action, however, was nice. Cycling by hand was butter smooth and 100% reliable firing it. The trigger was sweet-- a long pull (typical) but it didn't stack and it didn't have any creep. Reasonably light weight trigger.

When the guy showed me the gun I picked it up and flipped it over to find custom crayon work on the stock. One of his kids had taken a crayon and outlined the thumb hole in the stock with their favorite crayon. The guy was shocked and started to apologize but all I could do was laugh.

Should bring an extra $100 for the custom colored patina crayon job.

I love mine. Got it at a gunshow from private seller many years ago. Replaced the thumbhole stock with regular wood stock and grip.

Coyote 2 -- 8-13-15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom