• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Have a chance to buy an Norinco made Mak90. Is this a good AK?

Just sold 3 at our shop from an estate sale for 550.00 each. New condition no box or docs thumbhole stock 1 mag. They’re out there for cheaper than 800-1000

They’re a good AKM. Not an incredible AKM. They’re machining isn’t worth 1000.00 but the rarity due to import makes them more valuable. They have a nice blueing and chromed barrels. Some are slant cut receivers some are straight cut receivers.

Slant cut - only takes Chinese and Chinese type furniture

Straight cut - takes most AKM furniture with minor negligible fit and finish.

Barrels usually aren’t threaded

They run well, they’re good looking, but still lest we forget...

BC605D5D-02B0-4300-9548-6EEDFA52268E.jpeg

Be weary of BFI parts kit Mak-90s built on their in-house receivers. They weren’t heat treated and the rivets would wallow out the holes over time.

The steel is 1.6mm as opposed to the typical stamped 1mm. I always was told it was because Chinese steel at the time was inferior. Despite the extra thick receiver it doesn’t have the typical bulged trunnion like you see on VEPR and Yugoslavian AK variants.

They’re a cool piece of history, nice shooting AKs, aesthetically pleasing, and built just fine. I personally wouldn’t mind paying 700ish for a nice Mak-90 I would be shooting

Examples of the ones sold through my shop

069D6F9C-1A88-4A82-8E25-608BC2EC335A.jpeg

View attachment 1688774

I picked one up last week at a Pawn Shop. I paid $525.00. It's light that's why I bought it. I will post pictures of it later. I have not fired it. I hear it's good rifle.

Is dat one of dem dar bananer clips? How many bananers does it hold?

Back
Top Bottom