Harley Davidson what's it worth

I will be honest with you guys, her pay off is around $5300. She really just wants to get out of the bike. She is going through a tough time and I'm trying to see if I can get a little extra out of it for her.

So based on KBB, retail is $9,875 for that bike with 23,500 miles. How bad will the mileage hurt the value at 69,121?
JW, the KBB number is completely meaningless. Go on Craigslist and see what the asking prices are (no where near that). You've gotten some informed opinions. Sounds like she needs to list it for around $7,500 and be prepared to negotiate down from there.

JW, the KBB number is completely meaningless. Go on Craigslist and see what the asking prices are (no where near that). You've gotten some informed opinions. Sounds like she needs to list it for around $7,500 and be prepared to negotiate down from there.

JW, the KBB numbers aren't completely meaningless. They're a good starting point. $9,875 is what a dealer would ask. $7,230 is the trade-in-value a dealer will offer. These numbers are based on the mileage being 23,035. So, she has to consider that her bike has around 3 times the mileage. I'm not going to say what I would ask for it since its not my bike.

You can check Craigslist to see what others are asking for theirs. It doesn't mean that's what they are selling it for. And you don't know how long they have been trying to sell their bike.

Kelley Blue Book has a web page for values on Motorcycles. It might help decide what to ask for it.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/?r=835273906122893000#survey

KBB is crap and inaccurate as ****.

Everyone wants KBB for their vehicles, but run NADA when they're buying someone else's vehicles. And even NADA is inflated. The aim should be for around 85% of what NADA says.

Anyone willing to give me KBB for all of my vehicles can have every single one in my driveway and garage.

Last edited:
She's going to take a big hit till spring riding season. I sold my Harley at 45,000 miles several years ago and I kept having to cut the price. Ended up selling almost $1500 less than bikes that were not as nice but had less miles.

Back
Top Bottom