Harley Davidson what's it worth

How about 3000 rounds of 22lr? That's worth it right? Market value!
No really I'll bring about 8 dollars to add on top. That should even out any trade differences..
glws

07... first year of the 6 speed and the 96B". At least it has that going for it and it's not an 88". (nothing wrong with 88's and I personally think they are great lil motors.)

This is also the first year of the 02 sensor feedback for the ECM so that's another thing it has that's a plus as well as the factory forward controls and bobtail rear fender which made the Standard a decent little seller.

If it were me I would back off on some of the aftermarket givings and go back to stock. That would clean up the bike a bit. Can't see the pipes. Stock mufflers will hurt resale FTF but not trade in $.

The mileage is double what would be called standard mileage so that hurt the value.

IMO your trade in could bring 6000 (depends on what you are buying) or FTF 7500? If there are other imperfections in the paint or brakes and tires then you could expect less.

This is all just my personal opinion. I'm not a dealer or salesman. I've ridden HD's for many years and still do.

I bought a Vrod, rode if for two years and sold it for exactly what I paid for it.
Great, I don't doubt it. You know that's the exception (if you bought it new). I was commenting on your general statement. People love to quote that because a used Harley is often more likely to sell closer to original list than a new metric. However that's a meaningless comparison. The question is what percentage of PURCHASE price do you recover at re-sell? Been a while but the last two metrics I bought new and sold, one after about 5 years and above mileage the other after 7, I got over 90% of my PURCHASE price back (5 year old Valkyrie) on and the other 72% (7 year old VStar). I dumped the VStar.
Good luck getting 90% of your purchase price back on a 5 year old Harley. The list price on the bike in the OP was $15,285. Obviously I don't know what was paid for it but I'd bet a nickle it was close to that. Now it's worth hopefully for her, 50% of that.

Back
Top Bottom