Giveaway!  Hard times Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Belly J

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Scruffy Nerfherder
374   0
Reaction score
Ok so i will do my best to explain how this will work....if it is confusing or whatever let me know...

Ok so i won soviets giveaway of 20 dollars cash and realized there are better things i/we could do with it so here it goes...

I will hold this giveaway open till about the middle of December..
Thinking how bad the economy is and how many people are trying to find a job made me think that these people may be having a hard time coming up with Christmas money...
So this is what im gonna do I am gonna take Soviets 20 add 20 myself and see if i can get more together in the next six weeks or so and try an help out an ODTer that is jobless with Christmas money for his/her family.....

So this is how this is gonna work...requirement for entering the drawing is you ( and i feel real bad actually about to type this) must be unemployed..I am not asking you to air your personal situation just a simple " I'm In" is plenty...and if you become employed between now and the drawing just let me know...And my hopes and prayers are that you will find gainful employment

Now onto the accumulation of funds...if anyone feels like donating any funds that's fine and if no one does that's fine too..i understand i am not a charitable organization and giving money to a forum member may seem odd so no biggie...but if anyone feels like donating just pm me..Also to keep this legit i will include an update with any funds that are added and keep a tally going of how much and whom donated it.....that way i think everyone may be more comfortable donating if i keep it all out in the open of how much is added...make sense??
Also i do not have a paypal account so anyone choosing to donate i feel as though i need to be up front about this...i have no problem meeting anyone ftf or they can mail me the donation..

Now the giveaway will be either a walmart or target gift card the choice is up to the winner....only reason i am using a gift card is to do my best to make sure the funds are used the way i am hoping they will be....and hey if ya need the cash to pay a bill with just let me know when you are picked....

Figure we can make this a adopt an ODter's family for Christmas kinda thing...

So to sum it up winner will receive at a minimum 40 dollar gift card but hoping for it to be much bigger...but hey if not 40 is more than you had...
So best of luck ( yes feel bad about typing that one also) and lets see if we can all get into the Holiday Spirit

Current running tally...the following users have donated 20 bucks apiece...These are from whom i have received so far..
and in no particular order...
Catherder(25.00),frogman,shadowman3861,oldawg54, BigT, dragracer.
Those are all that have been received so far....may be more hiding at the post office???? but that is what i have received up to now...
so the running total is at 385.00 mine and soviets are included in there also..I did receive an envelope with no screen name so i am sorry if i didnt inlcude your name but i did not get it...so mystery donation included also

Ok did one drawing bout 2 weeks ago and after halfing what was in the pot then and then adding the 5 donations we are at 280 ish now....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom