• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Happy Early Birthday To Me!

Nice lil scooter man. I learned to ride on a 2003 Harley Sportster that I bought new, having never even started a bike before. Was a dumb*** move, bit I learned well on it an never wrecked it, layed it down, or screwed it up any other way. That said, you got it right. I now ride as part of my job description and don't personally own a sled.... Yet.

Lots of good advice here. Be 110% aware of your surroundings at all times. Be confident in your riding, but don't get too cocky. Respect the machine and the road. Good luck sir.

riding a motorcycle is like playing a video game where everyone is trying to kill you, always be alert don't get complacent [as others have said] and keep you head on a swivel ..

Take a few riding classes and enjoy..

Dang OP, that thing is SWEET! Very hard to find one in that condidtion. Be careful and have fun! :cool:

Got an '81 GL1200 with Vetter package I'm going to restore and make a "necked" Wing.

View attachment 276948
That's an 1100, not 1200. :)
I had an '80 and always wanted to just once strip it and ride. Had all the original parts just never got ambitious enough.

That was the first motorcycle I ever rode about 40 years ago,those old Hondas are classics now. I like the comparison between riding a motorcycle and the video games where everyone is trying to kill you except you only have one life on the bike. Have fun and be careful.

are you going to film yourself doing stunts?;)
I'll attach my guitar rig to it, amp, both pedal boards and all, then stand on the seat while going 60mph playing the Hendrix version of the Star-Spangled Banner. All while filming.

(So far, I can do half of what I just said)

That was my first mode of "legal" transportation. Same color and everything. I was 15 tearing up the streets south of Macon. I was the man!

Back
Top Bottom