• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Happy Early Birthday To Me!

Bobo-had

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   3
Reaction score
I turn 26 two months from today, so I bought myself that sweet ass honda cb100 that was on here! I'm a little excited. It's my first bike and I love the style. It's so cool! Anyway, any bike guys have any advice, other things I need to buy, or things to be aware of? Any help is greatly appreciated. I know it's not a big engine, but I'm no speed demon. I've driven SUV's since I started driving, I'm a cruiser.

I'm signing up for the Honda Motorcycle Course, which will serve as my test to acquire my license. I've been searching around for insurance. Any younger bike dudes got any advice on that? Other than that, IM SO FREAKING EXCITED!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 37
That is one nice piece of history!

Don't ride in the middle of the road. That's where all the oil drips out of the cages and makes traction iffy.

Watch for cages turning left in front of you. Keep an "out" for every situation you may encounter. Motorcycles, much like airplanes, leave very little room for operator error. Keep you index and middle finger covering the front brake. Your head should be on a swivel. Watch for debris in the road.

The front brake is where your braking power comes from. Cover your rear brake but use it judiciously. Always keep your eyes protected and ALWAYS wear protective gear! Buy one of those mesh armored jackets for summer riding.

Did I mention that is one classic bike?

Good luck and be safe!

That is one nice piece of history!

Don't ride in the middle of the road. That's where all the oil drips out of the cages and makes traction iffy.

Watch for cages turning left in front of you. Keep an "out" for every situation you may encounter. Motorcycles, much like airplanes, leave very little room for operator error. Keep you index and middle finger covering the front brake. Your head should be on a swivel. Watch for debris in the road.

The front brake is where your braking power comes from. Cover your rear brake but use it judiciously. Always keep your eyes protected and ALWAYS wear protective gear! Buy one of those mesh armored jackets for summer riding.

Did I mention that is one classic bike?

Good luck and be safe!

Back
Top Bottom