Gun show Cobb Civic center alert...

I don't like the already inflated prices that were always there before the scare began and the frowning in deal to deals. I've witnessed their bs before actions to people attending therefore I never Darkin the doors of the Eastman shows
Is it Eastman's doing these poor tactics or the retailers? I've been to several gun shows and it is a far cry from what I knew growing up. I guess everything has gotten in such high demand that they feel they can charge admission; don't mind this tactic that much especially for the charity ones like the Shriners (please, I don't want to hear how I need to stop buying their pecan logs and they're not a real charity; I had referred several children that had no health insurance and were part of a major investigation and they got major treatment and other medical equipment for nothing. If I am slowly paying toward the cost of those success stories then I'm fine with that).
To be honest, I don't mind paying the nominal fees if they put together a decent show. They are saving me much more gas by trying to compare all of this under one roof and that's how I've come to use them,as a shopping tool.
The paying sales tax thing kills many deals and for some reason nobody, nobody speaks the language of cash at these things. I've tried everything form bundling, talking reason ( I know what it takes to break even on most of these and always keeping enough meat on the bone, to offering to buy multiple of the same item.
I know there is some reason behind it(maybe for example H&K protecting brand integrity and not allowing pistols to be sold at a certain point or some hidden fees I'm not calculating in their profit like taxes or an Eastman charge per unit sold) but they either react like I'm crazy (not far from the truth) or as if I told them I have photos of their mother "with" a senator. I don't want to insult a man but I'm not going to pay higher retail from some guy at a table operating 50 miles away then what I can get at my LGS...sorry for the rant but trying to get a grasp of this.
Anyone here actually go to this thing? Good to know I'm not the only lazy bastard ;)

[/SIZE]I'm coming to the show as a customer, can I bring a gun in to sell or trade?
You sure can. Just like you would do at a gun shop. We have security at the door to check your gun and put a tie strap on it to secure it and let others know it has been checked. REMEMBER, MAKE SURE YOU GUNS ARE UNLOADED AND YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY LOOSE AMMUNITION WITH YOU.

I remember the days you used to be able to get deals at gun shows and the dealers fighting for your business. Not sure if I have issues with the dealers or the rejects that pay above retail that set the prices for the markets. What I also love are the people crying about how they can not afford to put food on the table then drop over a grand at a show :boink:

Gun shows are nothing like they used to be. ESP eastmans. It's all the same stuff, dealers will not not pay you for your stuff, they want retail plus 10% for letting You have the honor of buying their stuff. Blah blah blah. Oh, wait, I forgot, now if you go you have to stand around ass to ass with every one you don't want to stand that close to in the first place and wait in a long line to do it. Gun shows used to be cool. Not now.

Man, I'm with 'ya, brother. I started (helping) selling at gun shows in 1969. At the tender age of 8 Surplus ammo .02-.03 per round. I shot an Enfield and French MAS back in those days, ammo from WWII was almost an afterthought. Bandoliers, stripper clips (thrown in) pistols $35, rifles $39, etc....

Makes me wish I had been into guns 15 or so years ago. I hear stories about how fun gun shows used to be. Now they're just breeding grounds for rip off artists and overpriced "tacticool" garbage.

Yep, there was a lot of cool stuff around a long time ago

Man years ago it was great you could go pick sks' s out of barrel and they were priced near nothing. Lol mosins were like buy 2 get 1 free or something like that. It was great all the individuals not dealers had tables setup and you could find deals. You could wheel and deal with cash. The last show I went too only had 2 good tables. Im kicking myself cause I cant find that ladys card and she lives near me. Only deal I found was a couple k98 mausers and that was from the mom and pop table I found.

Back
Top Bottom