• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

Bzzp5dgIcAMT0LO[1].jpg

Old thread, but having served with different services, I can vouch that orders will be followed. Enlisted personnel are directed to follow all orders, then if they believe them to be illegal, report them through the chain of command. (Naturally, Mi Lai type stuff isn't covered, but this isn't on the same level.) If a junior enlisted refuses, he will be dealt with harshly so others will see, and will be talked down by unit leadership. If an NCO refuses, he will no longer be an NCO. If an officer refuses, he will be relieved of duty, or reassigned to a very bad place.

Talk all you want, but they will take your guns. I believe forced relocation will eliminate any chance of retrieving stashes, and those who evade will be hunted down. Do you have the skill and equipment to evade IR detection? Can you function without any heat source, water supply or sewer usage? The only way to escape, is to leave. And nobody wants you in their neighborhood any more than you wanted the Katrina refugees in yours.

And for the sniper mindset; ask the guys who played in the sand what happened when they took repeat fire and couldn't take them out.

Last edited:
Old thread, but having served with different services, I can vouch that orders will be followed. Enlisted personnel are directed to follow all orders, then if they believe them to be illegal, report them through the chain of command. (Naturally, Mi Lai type stuff isn't covered, but this isn't on the same level.) If a junior enlisted refuses, he will be dealt with harshly so others will see, and will be talked down by unit leadership. If an NCO refuses, he will no longer be an NCO. If an officer refuses, he will be relieved of duty, or reassigned to a very bad place.

Talk all you want, but they will take your guns. I believe forced relocation will eliminate any chance of retrieving stashes, and those who evade will be hunted down. Do you have the skill and equipment to evade IR detection? Can you function without any heat source, water supply or sewer usage? The only way to escape, is to leave. And nobody wants you in their neighborhood any more than you wanted the Katrina refugees in yours.

And for the sniper mindset; ask the guys who played in the sand what happened when they took repeat fire and couldn't take them out.
my Lai was some nasty stuff. Everyone has their breaking point. If global oil supply ran out or our power grid failed... you would see My Lai x2 all over the country.

my Lai was some nasty stuff. Everyone has their breaking point. If global oil supply ran out or our power grid failed... you would see My Lai x2 all over the country.

i think we would see katrina all over the country

my lai was a unit of pissed off idiots who took out their frustrations on innocent (mostly innocent) and unarmed villagers

Back
Top Bottom