• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun confiscation in the event of a national emergency..possible?

The active army would be activated, along with the reserves, and the guard federalized, habeas corpus suspended, and the militiary simply become the police. Circa 1865 in the south.

Correct. The point of the addition of HB60's clause was to prevent the unconstitutional disarming of civilians. If there is a mandate above the state level then.............I'm not concerned.

Correct. The point of the addition of HB60's clause was to prevent the unconstitutional disarming of civilians. If there is a mandate above the state level then.............I'm not concerned.

Then we get to a point of states rights, secession, and the declaration of independance. It's all a cycle of dick measuring.

Believe it or not, most senior NCOs have a four year degree and some even have graduate degrees. I have known more than a few 18D go on to medical school and commission as doctors. The Army does everything possible to make higher education available to the troops and encourages it.

Don't know if your still around Dave buy my Doc is a former Team Sgt, 18D and we served in the same part of Africa in the mid-80's pretty closely together without even knowing it.

Well the Big Question is, in an event such as a National Emergency if Martial Law is Declared, what will the TROOPS do. I guess it all depends on what type of Emergency it is. There inlies the problem. Could you convince enough of the Troops to do their Sworn Duty, or Follow Orders? Let alone the way this current Government has treated our Service Men and Women. First and foremost their Sworn Duty is to SUPPORT and DEFEND the Constitution of the United States against all enemies Foreign and Domestic. Big Question Mark. And then once again, I go back to the Katrina Fiasco, Gun Confiscation. I personally think that alot of citizens will be slaughtered before anyone asks questions, and by that time it will be to Late.

90% of troops will follow orders as will the police. Reason being, it takes courage to stand up to authority, especially when you've been conditioned to take orders as the word of god! Then, there are the repercussions to standing up for your convictions such as arrest/imprisonment, court martial/trial, or if it's considered a time of war, possible immediate execution. Most people are going to take the path of least resistance and follow orders.

"when invasion is imminent and when law enforcement can no longer enforce the laws"....

Why would they wish to confiscate our firearms if/when an invasion is imminent, or when law enforcement can no longer enforce the laws? Crap like this just makes no sense. But when our imperialistic federal government is involved, what does make sense?

Course the government's gonna want to take them when we need them most....duh!

90% of troops will follow orders as will the police. Reason being, it takes courage to stand up to authority, especially when you've been conditioned to take orders as the word of god! Then, there are the repercussions to standing up for your convictions such as arrest/imprisonment, court martial/trial, or if it's considered a time of war, possible immediate execution. Most people are going to take the path of least resistance and follow orders.
Definately. That's why it is important to decide what path you will take if such events occur.

Course the government's gonna want to take them when we need them most....duh!

This is why some people believe the blue helmets of the UN are a threat and with the wrong people in power here in the states they would call on them. Perhaps that is why they would wish to confiscate if an imminent threat or invasion occured. It amazes me how willingly some of our so called leaders would hand over our sovereignty to foreigners, but everyday they seem to fight for that very thing. The UN is our enemy, many of our elected officials are our enemy, and the sheeple continue to elect them. Not sure how it ever came to this but it is a sad state of affairs.

Back
Top Bottom