Gun company fails

The obvious one that sticks out to me right now is the XDs. This fun was timed perfectly, built around the demands of the market and was seemingly well executed. The guns flew off the shelf and commanded higher-than-Msrp prices. Springfield had this market all but cornered and then the recall. There is still no fix and they have yet to offer customers a refund as they try to scramble for a fix. This is the epitome of fail in my opinion.

Gun companies do a lot of market research and try to offer a product thy meets the demands of their customer base. Sometimes, through bad planning, design, QC, or marketing the end up releasing a product to the public that falls flat on its face.

What is one that sticks in your mind?

For me, I would say the Sig P250 series soars in the "what were they thinking" category. The potential for an awesome gun series was there and the market was excited about Sig releasing a new line to compete with Glock but the company truly failed to understand the needs of the customers. These guns were $700 when released and now shops can't seem to give them away for more than $350.

It's just the trigger. If the pull wasn't so long and heavy, I would still own mine and use it as a primary carry. But it is, so I switched to a G26. Love the modularity of the sig though.

WE cant forget this one German Sport Gun STG-44 22 Long Rifle 25+1 and also when will they start making this in a useful caliber? 7.62X39, 5.56 or even 45acp would get my attention more then 22lr

Last edited:
WE cant forget this one [h=1]German Sport Gun STG-44 22 Long Rifle 25+1[/h]
What was wrong with it.

Also would have been cooler in 7.62x39

- - - Updated - - -

Any semi auto handgun chambered in .22mag.
To this day no one has figured out how to make one that's reliable and will last.

I thought the Keltec solved it?

The obvious one that sticks out to me right now is the XDs. This fun was timed perfectly, built around the demands of the market and was seemingly well executed. The guns flew off the shelf and commanded higher-than-Msrp prices. Springfield had this market all but cornered and then the recall. There is still no fix and they have yet to offer customers a refund as they try to scramble for a fix. This is the epitome of fail in my opinion.

I second this 100%. It is not the point of the recall that makes it a fail, but rather, the way Springfield is handling this whole thing.

No, is it the short stroking issue?

I've seen some pretty interesting details on the RFB.which makes me think it is a worthwhile gun.
thats another failure i figure

overpriced, under produced, and i have heard they can be finicky

just get a fnfal

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot about that one. I remember when CDNN was practically giving those away.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget about the Daisy 22VL with the case-less ammunition.
thats a ATF Fail

Back
Top Bottom