• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun battle with Los Angeles cop

I don't feel comfortable giving any non-judicial power the right to extinguish life using their own judgement. Even if it is the worst criminal, the next time it could be a suspected criminal.

I can understand that. At the same time, were the cops to just stand there like targets and hope he stops shooting them?

Regardless of anything he had to say, he killed someone's daughter and her fiance in revenge. Sorry, I don't have any interest in what he had to say.

Yeah....he can fry....this goes for anyone cop, ex cop,celeb,common folk...doesn't matter who the perp is....what are you looking to solve going about it that way? You won't prove a point...your a film of the week....two weeks from now, it'll be something else everyone will be talking about...

a small minority of people who are anti-statist(not a bad word per se), you think the rioting population thought it through that hard?

plus there is no video, so it's not sexy enough to get around to everybody to react to it.

Also the LAPD ****ing shot what like 3 innocent people this week? and not so much as a peep, if that wont do it, then a dead cop killer certainly wont.

Didn't the cops shoot white people? We don't riot when whitey dies.

I can understand that. At the same time, were the cops to just stand there like targets and hope he stops shooting them?
No, only defensive shootings are legal outside of war, so as long as their actions did not cross into assault style actions then there is no problem.

My issue is shooting into the back of a truck that is not evading you and not presenting a threat, that's an assault, not defensive. While we can draw some long string claiming it was defensive in the name of public safety, they were making no efforts for peaceful resolution when presented with no threat, made obvious by the shooting of two innocent vehicles .

Now while we can't be sure what happened at the cabin and if Dorner was trying to leave the cabin to surrender, if he was armed, etc.... the history of the LAPD's actions is not presenting a very good case for them. In an age of murky transparency, concealment under "personnel files ", and withholding info for legal purposes, we can only judge based on the history of it and some comments over a police scanner.

- - - Updated - - -

Latino news paper delivery woman and her daughter. Not sure of the other one.

Those SOB's ought to be prosecuted, fired and sued. They won't have the first two happen though, as they are that protected class of people that Frankenstein and crew thinks are the only people who are responsible enough to carry firearms.

Those SOB's ought to be prosecuted, fired and sued. They won't have the first two happen though, as they are that protected class of people that Frankenstein and crew thinks are the only people who are responsible enough to carry firearms.
Whoever was allowing this practice should be sued, tough to prosecute a cop if he is following orders, which this appears to be so because both cases were similar "shooting without any warning"

Back
Top Bottom