• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

guide rod filled with lead

i think selecting a weapon that you can shoot as "naturally" as possible is more prudent than adding weight to one you already have.

Berretta's I dont like and cant shoot worth anything unless I really take my time to aim... glocks have grips that are too wide for me... so I simply do not own or shoot either of them.

I can reflex/point/whatever you want to call it with any of my sigs... they feel correct, balanced, and proper in my hand and I can snap off rounds quickly and regain my point of aim.

Filled my .40's guide rod with #7 1/2 shot pellets. Capped with hot glue. It added about 1 -1 1/2 oz. and does help with the flip.
Why buy an $80 tungsten rod when you can do this? Sure it's nice to have a gun that you can shoot "naturally" with, but there are thousands of after market mods. that people add to great shooting pistols. My pistol shot just fine w/o the lead but when shooting IDPA the reduced flip really helps my accuracy.

I have 4 Haarts Recoil reducing rods for Glock 17/22 & 19/23 pistols.

They are hollow with ball bearings & mercury inside. The bearings "rush" forward during recoil to reduce muzzle flip.

I had them on several of my wife & kids guns but they never shot the much so I have them for sale.

Pretty neat design actually.

Back
Top Bottom