• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gsg 1911 22lr

bitten

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
39   0
Reaction score
As with most 1911 people , I have tired the 22 LR conversions and never really liked the way they preformed. Well I picked this GSG up last weekend , and got around to cleaning the storage grease out of it this afternoon. Maybe I can get off tomorrow in time to shoot it at Bob's.
Anyway , the fit and looks of it seem to be fine. I prefer blue on pistols , but I guess you can't blue Alum. LOL The finish appears to be something like parkerize. It comes apart just like a 1911 should , except for one extra screw and pin by the slide stop. The extra pin and screw holds the barrel in the frame for blowback operation.
It feels just like a 1911A1 , I don't care for the arched main spring housing and have not checked yet to see if a flat one is available.
I will post pictures and a range report as soon as I shoot it.

I shot 50 rounds of CCI thru it this afternoon at Bob"s. at 12 yards I could keep all 10 rounds inside a 4 inch circle off hand. I had one failure to go to battery , but it only liked about a 1/16 of an inch to do so. The spring seems a tad weak to Me.
I will report more when I have time to sit down with different ammo and test more.
Maybe someone that shoots better than I do will help out.......lol

if you shoot the GSG Joe . you gotta shoot the 45acp derringer too....lol

I shot both of these today and the GSG 1911 22lr was a pleasure to shoot and groups real nice .......tighter groups than the Kimber conversion I had hands down !

I was impressed with the magazine itself as it is very well made ......and the feel of the weapon was very nice .....

Thanx Bitten for the opportunity !

the lil 45acp derringer was quite a handfull as well .......I would like to have one myself because it can be hidden easily and packs quite a punch for self defense !

I have not shot the Chippa , but I have held one , and the GSG is by far a better weapon. The looks and feel are far better than the Chippa in my opinion. The GSG 1911 I have cost about 359.00 , that is close to what a conversion cost.

We are at the 110 round mark with the GSG 1911 , and as stated above only one failure to go completely to battery in the first 50 rounds. It will not be cleaned untill I have another failure of some sort. Only CCI's have been used to this point.
The only thing I would complain about now is the grip safety , it has a lil to much spring , you have to grip it tightly.

Back
Top Bottom