• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Growing up poor, what food do you eat from time to time?

Fried tater patties made from left over mashed potatoes the night before, salmon patty look a likes. with stewed prunes. We didn't know why we had prunes then but we found out later it was to keep all us kids regular. (Some of ya'll don't know what that is).

Fried tater patties made from left over mashed potatoes the night before, salmon patty look a likes. with stewed prunes. We didn't know why we had prunes then but we found out later it was to keep all us kids regular. (Some of ya'll don't know what that is).

Grandma's are all about keeping folks regular..

Had my share of the stewed prunes. Didn't know why when I was young, just ate them because they were available. I know better now!

We were but I never knew it after my dad took off when I was 12. We had a big garden, my mom canned everything and made several kinds of pickled vegetables. Being from east Tn she always made biscuits and gravy, corn bread, could fry and bake anything. She made sure we never went hungry. I was very fortunate

Back
Top Bottom