• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gotta love horrible instructors...

But mixing in with lethal. Someone is gonna die that wasn't intended to. Bad idea. Very. Bad. idea

It's a very common practice with those that I know to carry a shotgun with LTL rounds available.

The flashlight on the belt, serves as a duel propose, at least in my thoughts to not only have a handheld/back up light but to also help remember the rounds past are LTL.

I see it as no different than someone carrying different types of shells on the holder or different types of ammo for their rifle or pistol.

I know Sheriff's deputies that carry a green tip mag or two for their patrol AR due to an instance where a prep was held up in a metal trailer and the rounds were fragmented before reaching the suspect. 2 different rounds.

In order to press the pressure pad you’d either have to use your palm - in which case your hand would be in front of the light - or your thumb which would put your hand on the receiver

IDK how big your hands are, but mine would end on the forend of the shotgun and not on the receiver to engage the pressure pad.
Screenshot_20211203-111517_Gallery.jpg

Maybe, but I generally do not allow animals in my house if they are dangerous. IN MY HOUSE was the in the OP. Lethal is the only option I'm considering if I need to pull the trigger. That's just me though. I have a strong sense of self preservation. YMMV.

I understand completely. I have several shotguns with the mag cut off for easy loading of LTL rounds, but I don't own a single LTL rounds myself.

IDK how big your hands are, but mine would end on the forend of the shotgun and not on the receiver to engage the pressure pad.
View attachment 3734726
That would not be the case for me. Sure, some of my hand would touch the back of the forend but, why not have your grip closer to the front for better control

I'm not cmshoot cmshoot but I did stay at a Holiday inn express last night.

TOO damn much weight on a sling and slings in general are for noobs. The light is stupid and the optic is stupider.

Slings are to be used when you need your hands free then taken off when you reassume your mission.

Whoever owns that shotty hasn't got a ****ing clue.

Everything has a price. Since We are all shotgun experts here, ideas for a sling? Needs to be QD front, standard rear. Can be 2 point or 3.

View attachment 3734692View attachment 3734693
Most modern two points slings (Ferro concepts slickster, vickers, etc.) just come with loops so you can thread on whatever attachment method you do or do not want. Just order one QD swivel, and the sling and you’d be good to go

Back
Top Bottom