• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got your carry license?

Now the requirement is eliminated, do you intend to keep a GaWCL?

• Yes

Votes: 161 85.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 14.8%

• Total voters
How do you determine with which laws you will not comply?
CKg-gu9WoAExs-o.jpeg

Problem is, T-Jizzle didn't spit those bars.

That aside, though, and let's take MLK Jr at face value, who determines what laws are "just?"

That's a complicated question with 300 million individual answers probably.

But I would argue the constitution is supposed to be the supreme law of the land, and any law that obviously and directly runs counter opposite to the constitution is unjust.

Like infringement of the right to keep and bear arms.

But again. The permit isn't even legally required anymore and you still see mass compliant with it anyways which is why some of us go up and Arms over any little infringement because every single inch given up is an inch we'll never get back.

Just look at all the listings here that say they'll need to see GWCL. It's disheartening.

I get it for those that really do travel out of state a lot. But I doubt that's 90% of us.

That's a complicated question with 300 million individual answers probably.
And that's exactly why I ask it. If each of us are the arbiter of what is or is not "just," we're effectively living in anarchy.

But I would argue the constitution is supposed to be the supreme law of the land, and any law that obviously and directly runs counter opposite to the constitution is unjust.

Like infringement of the right to keep and bear arms.
The issue here is that, unfortunately, you would be arguing incorrectly. You're not wrong. The Constitution is indeed supposed to be the supreme law of the land. But it isn't...and hasn't been for a long time. But the Emperor's new clothes sure are beautiful, aren't they?

But again. The permit isn't even legally required anymore and you still see mass compliant with it anyways which is why some of us go up and Arms over any little infringement because every single inch given up is an inch we'll never get back.

Just look at all the listings here that say they'll need to see GWCL. It's disheartening.
I think that people who need a "peek at your GWL" is more about them feeling like they satisfied the law in terms of selling to a prohibited person. If you have a GWL then you haven't committed a felony and therefore are not a prohibited person. They think that, but they are wrong. Seeing a GWL is almost as worthless as a billowsail. But it makes people feel better....and feelings are, well, not facts.

I get it for those that really do travel out of state a lot. But I doubt that's 90% of us.
Probably not, but for me that's 100% of the reason I will renew. Tiny story time. I had a little issue pop up in Maine two years ago. Nothing violent or dangerous but the very short version is a lady fell on a trail in Acadia. Busted up her knee and ankle pretty bad and couldn't walk. A couple of us were helping her and her husband get back to the trail head. I was carrying IWB @ 4 o'clock. By the time we got there EMT and a few rangers and cops were arriving.

Before I left, one of the Rangers comes over, thanks me, and then quietly asks if I have concealed carry permit. I guess I printed or my shirt was up and over or something. I'm still not sure how she knew. I make a funny face and ask her why she's asking. She's says that she can see that I am carrying a gun. I then say that I do have one and she asks to see it. Polite, discreet, and professional the whole time. I tell her that my wallet is in the car and we both walk over to the car, I get out my wallet, show it to her, she thanks me for helping the lady, and carries on with her day.

Turns out that even though Maine is permitless state, they still issue them and the only people allowed in Acadia with a CCW are people who are permitted. So...if I hadn't had my "permission slip" that day, I'd probably be in jail, my two daughters without a father and my wife without a husband. All because I helped out my fellow man. So for me, I'll spend that $75 every five years to make sure I don't go to jail...and that's all it is for me.

And that's exactly why I ask it. If each of us are the arbiter of what is or is not "just," we're effectively living in anarchy.

The issue here is that, unfortunately, you would be arguing incorrectly. You're not wrong. The Constitution is indeed supposed to be the supreme law of the land. But it isn't...and hasn't been for a long time. But the Emperor's new clothes sure are beautiful, aren't they?

I think that people who need a "peek at your GWL" is more about them feeling like they satisfied the law in terms of selling to a prohibited person. If you have a GWL then you haven't committed a felony and therefore are not a prohibited person. They think that, but they are wrong. Seeing a GWL is almost as worthless as a billowsail. But it makes people feel better....and feelings are, well, not facts.

Probably not, but for me that's 100% of the reason I will renew. Tiny story time. I had a little issue pop up in Maine two years ago. Nothing violent or dangerous but the very short version is a lady fell on a trail in Acadia. Busted up her knee and ankle pretty bad and couldn't walk. A couple of us were helping her and her husband get back to the trail head. I was carrying IWB @ 4 o'clock. By the time we got there EMT and a few rangers and cops were arriving.

Before I left, one of the Rangers comes over, thanks me, and then quietly asks if I have concealed carry permit. I guess I printed or my shirt was up and over or something. I'm still not sure how she knew. I make a funny face and ask her why she's asking. She's says that she can see that I am carrying a gun. I then say that I do have one and she asks to see it. Polite, discreet, and professional the whole time. I tell her that my wallet is in the car and we both walk over to the car, I get out my wallet, show it to her, she thanks me for helping the lady, and carries on with her day.

Turns out that even though Maine is permitless state, they still issue them and the only people allowed in Acadia with a CCW are people who are permitted. So...if I hadn't had my "permission slip" that day, I'd probably be in jail, my two daughters without a father and my wife without a husband. All because I helped out my fellow man. So for me, I'll spend that $75 every five years to make sure I don't go to jail...and that's all it is for me.

I hope that tyrant bitch cop gets hit by a train.

It's not a certainty you would have gone to jail had you simply refused to answer her questions.

I hope that tyrant bitch cop gets hit by a train.
:laugh:

:tsk:

I never got her name, otherwise I'd check in and see if she was OK.

It's not a certainty you would have gone to jail had you simply refused to answer her questions.
Yeah, and I honestly thought about doing just that. My initial reaction internally was "Seriously? I'm sweating my ass off over here trying to down this Nalgene bottle that I left behind because "it's not that long a hike" and I've schelped this lady up over hill and dale and you're going to come at me like that?" And Maine is a "duty to inform" state if you don't have a permit but i wasn't sure about if you did....plus there were a couple of other cops there and if I escalated, I wasn't sure how they were going to behave and she was very chill at the time...so I just answered her questions.

Back
Top Bottom