• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got it put together, now time to troubleshoot (7.62x39 AR)

I'll give you one thing, at least you are consistent w/ your pain in the assedness!! :)

image.gif

When you try to manually eject the round is staying in the chamber???

Try scrubbing the chamber, chances are it may be rough and dirty from the machining process and coating. I use a pistol brush oiled in a cordless drill

Thank you, I will give this a try tomorrow.
It's been a long night and I'm not home yet. A few quick thoughts, have you checked ejector function and tension? Is there an o-ring under the extractor? Is the chamber roughly cut? To find out, clean the chamber well. Shine a flashlight into it. If you see tooling marks, rings, etc, then it may not have been finish reamed and will cause a hard extraction.

It's been a long night and I'm not home yet. A few quick thoughts, have you checked ejector function and tension? Is there an o-ring under the extractor? Is the chamber roughly cut? To find out, clean the chamber well. Shine a flashlight into it. If you see tooling marks, rings, etc, then it may not have been finish reamed and will cause a hard extraction.

We are going to break into the BCG a little later tonight to exchange the extractor spring w/ a heavier duty one. I will check the chamber once I get the gun back in my hands. Thanks for the suggestions.

We are going to break into the BCG a little later tonight to exchange the extractor spring w/ a heavier duty one. I will check the chamber once I get the gun back in my hands. Thanks for the suggestions.
Just keep in mind that you may be heading in the wrong direction. There is such a thing as too much extractor tension. Check the other items, as the barrel and BCG are both suspect.

Is the gas block pushed all the way back? There should be a gap between the block and shoulder, maybe the width of a DL. If it's all the way back your gas port is obstructed.
Free is dead on with this also. But if the barrel is dimpled correctly, the gas port and gas block will essentially self-align.

Back
Top Bottom