• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got it put together, now time to troubleshoot (7.62x39 AR)

The first time I ran my Radical Firearms upper and bolt, I had failures to extract during the first 20 rounds. After that, it started running perfectly.

I believe it had to do with the extractor and bolt breaking in. Now don't know if that's a possibility, but it's the only think I can of. Lube it up and keep at it. Of course verify everything is assembled correctly, but I believe you need to "break" it in.

The first time I ran my Radical Firearms upper and bolt, I had failures to extract during the first 20 rounds. After that, it started running perfectly.

I believe it had to do with the extractor and bolt breaking in. Now don't know if that's a possibility, but it's the only think I can of. Lube it up and keep at it. Of course verify everything is assembled correctly, but I believe you need to "break" it in.

I will go at it again tomorrow. I was tired and just not in the mood tonight.

I want to check out the gas port on the barrel and the gas port on the gas block. The gas block could be pushed too far back on to the barrel not allowing all of the gas to enter the gas tube thus providing not enough gas pressure. That is why I did not dimple the barrel when I tightened the gas block down. Just a little trial and error because these parts have never been used by us. I am proud of you for not throwing the rifle in the woods though.

I want to check out the gas port on the barrel and the gas port on the gas block. The gas block could be pushed too far back on to the barrel not allowing all of the gas to enter the gas tube thus providing not enough gas pressure. That is why I did not dimple the barrel when I tightened the gas block down. Just a little trial and error because these parts have never been used by us. I am proud of you for not throwing the rifle in the woods though.

I think he should throw it in the lake and buy a Noveske.....

Back
Top Bottom