• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got a seat belt ticket BUT….

Yep.. and that’ll be the day you get some excited cop that wants to tie you up for something else. I’ve noticed in this thread, that none of the “stick it to the man” comments come from anyone who shares the same tag number as the OP… therefore, they have nothing to lose by giving the OP ****ty advice. AND, he admitted to being caught without his seatbelt.
But, I agree, if it’s worth your time, tell the judge. They’ll likely throw it out.
Exactly, I'd love nothing more than to be able to stick it to the man. But I also have a career, family, house, etc. The law can make you have a really bad time over something dumb like this.

Thats interesting--how did he put an entire wrong name?

I will say a seatbelt ticket in Ga is no points and like $15-25 dollars tho but thats interesting

So I got a seat belt ticket today, but the dept. of public safety officer wrote it to someone else.

The only correct info is my vehicle info. Make, model, year, tag number etc.

License info, DOB, Name, and residing address are all wrong.

Is this my problem? Should I leave it be and trash the ticket? Should I call the court system?

What would you do?
How the HELL did the officer get the wrong info? Did he not take your license?

So far Ive spoke with 3 people at the municipal court, no one could help me there. They gave me the number to the Dept. of public safety, spoke to 2 people there, after about 20 minutes they gave me a phone number to the direct office where this officer reports to but have not gotten anyone to answer the phone yet.

I sent my attorney an email this morning, we’ll see what he thinks.

Yes, he put my correct vehicle information.

This type of ticket follows the driver, not the vehicle from what Ive gathered so far.
I’d guess he ran tag hit a button and printed ticket and never looked at license,go to court if it bothers you that bad.
I would just pay the ticket, and move on if I was in the wrong .not worth the b.s. to me to prove a point.
As stated above a asshole judge may throw a court fee on top of your fine.

Back
Top Bottom