• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GORUCK Firearms Training

While I have never trained with that group, based on the fact that their web photos lack any overweight self proclaimed "instructors" that in reality are nothing more that professional students, I would bet it is money well spent.

These two photos, although not referenced specifically for the point I am about to make, tell a valuable story about their quality of instruction.

If your support hand/grip doesn't look like this....you are selling yourself short in the gun fight.

This is a perfect demo of how to achieve the proper support hand grip, thumb pointed at the target/fingers pointing downward at a 45 degree angle.

I would attend their training if I had the opportunity (and at my present station in life I am very selective in training type/scope I attend).

Last edited:
Thanks for your input. These guys seem pretty legit with everything they do (I'm actually signed up for a GORUCK Challenge...had to bow out a few months ago because of my knee and hoping I can make this one). I noticed the same thing with their pics and their "yeah, we'll teach you the ways" without blowing smoke up anyone's ass. I told my gf I want to sign her up for this too. I want real world training and they seem like they'd give it (they talk about fatigue and everything...more points for them). Maybe you can attend in October...that's when I plan on going.

Thanks again!

I would like to do a GORUCK Challenge too! I will take a look at the October event and see if I can pull it off.

I have some experience with the GORUCK staff in general. I can tell you that all their Cadre/Instructors are former operators from SOCOM. Either Army, Marine, Navy, etc. they are all Special Operation qualified and many are still in reserve/NG service. I do believe it would be money well spent.

Anybody here have a goruck bag? I been looking at those bags....it looks pretty cool. The courses look like it will put you through the ringer.

I'm sure they're are some members that would be willing to join us.

I was going to try to do the challenge in Oct. But I have a baby coming at the same time so its probably out of the question. I might go do the one in Jax in Sept with my brother. Looks like a lot of fun and different than most mud runs. But the firearms training looks awesome as well.

Back
Top Bottom