Good ratio for a hunting club.

SMH. Public land and willing to walk a bit rather than ride an ATV to the base of the tree. I guarantee where I hunt there is WAY fewer than 1 hunter per 100 acres....and it's free!

I know you guys won't believe that and that is great for me and my hunting buddies. ;)

No question your ratio is good on public land but your rules are different on Hogs too. I also cannot stand knowing that the spot I find, attempt to better by off season maintenance and planting, is available to Joe Blow who does nothing but stumble upon it the week before season if he gets in the woods before me. I have several friends that swear by hunting on public land but year in year out I harvest more deer and hog and BETTER deer and hog off private land than they do. I can leave my stand in the woods too without worrying that some goob will happen by and steal it.

I like 100ac per hunter, on all the clubs I managed that is what we tried to keep.. The biggest problem is ...lets take a 1000ac not all of that 1000 is going to have deer, some parts will have more then others which is why I like first come first serve pin in pin out method. I don't like one or two guys being able to claim the best areas.. I would rather pay a 1000 to 1500 per member then have a lease with too many folks and all paying 500..

Back
Top Bottom