Good ratio for a hunting club.

cool.Me and 3 or 4 others,been together for years.It works for us and we always kill deer.Not 160's but some in the high 20's mid 30's.
Heck, I didn't pull the trigger this year! My daughter (11) missed her first deer and I put an 11 year old boy on his first deer (small 8). Nobody killed a mature buck all season. We try and only harvest mature bucks and we've got plenty... Just didn't come together this year. I killed a decent 8 last year and we had 3 other good 8's taken last year. The one in my avatar I've been after for 2 years...

There are 15 of us on 1500 acres. I believe it comes out to $6.75 an acre at 100:1. right? Deer are not everywhere but I managed a nice buck there this year and with the money we saved, another member and I went on a Bow hunt in TX and brought back 7 more. Hogs and turkey on the other hand are EVERYWHERE! I have so many hogs on cam from 200# to 450#, its hard to actually tell how many there are. Some of my pics have two or three 350#+ hogs on them! I stopped killing hogs in early Dec because my dang freezer was over filled!

Heck, I didn't pull the trigger this year! My daughter (11) missed her first deer and I put an 11 year old boy on his first deer (small 8). Nobody killed a mature buck all season. We try and only harvest mature bucks and we've got plenty... Just didn't come together this year. I killed a decent 8 last year and we had 3 other good 8's taken last year. The one in my avatar I've been after for 2 years...
I have a private place I hunt and the landowner wont let me shoot a buck til 6 does are removed.Had 11 different bucks on cam at night.Never in the daylight.His rules so I dont argue with him.I really enjoy deer hunting now in my 60's it aint so much the kill anyway.

I have a private place I hunt and the landowner wont let me shoot a buck til 6 does are removed.Had 11 different bucks on cam at night.Never in the daylight.His rules so I dont argue with him.I really enjoy deer hunting now in my 60's it aint so much the kill anyway.
Yeah, after the kill is when the real work begins.i don't know if I've just matured as a hunter or just damn lazy... Either way, I don't pull the trigger unless it's going on the wall.

Yeah, after the kill is when the real work begins.i don't know if I've just matured as a hunter or just damn lazy... Either way, I don't pull the trigger unless it's going on the wall.

only do skull mounts.Mounted a big one one time,ended up taking the antlers off the form. Now most are in boxes.

I think these days you're looking at $1000/yr for the 100:1 ratio clubs. Probably want such a club with about 30 members to do the QDMA thing people like. Try to find a quality parcel for $8/acre or less and use the rest of the money for insurance and improvements.

The problem is not how many members, it's how many HUNTERS. And it's not acres, it's HUNTABLE acres. So many clubs tout a a MEMBERSHIP that is 1:50 or 1:100 and then you find out a membership includes spouse and kids and half the acreage isn't huntable so you wind up with really compressed and over pressured hunting.

Last club I was in was 100:1 and $550 (Haralson county 950 acres total, ok it was really 1:95). Well over 90% huntable.

SMH. Public land and willing to walk a bit rather than ride an ATV to the base of the tree. I guarantee where I hunt there is WAY fewer than 1 hunter per 100 acres....and it's free!

I know you guys won't believe that and that is great for me and my hunting buddies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom