Good ratio for a hunting club.

awjohnson2

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
30   0
Reaction score
I have been wondering what is a good ratio of hunters to acres for a hunting club. How many acres per hunter makes for the most sustainable ratio? I know that too many hunters will cause havoc and too few would serve no purpose.

50:1 is great, but 100:1 is better. Now the cost will vary depending on location and the ratio.... Not to mention amenities..... water and electricity... shower house... etc....

Damn !!! I have heard yall were packed in there ,but I did not realize it was that bad . The question is what is a GOOD ratio . I have never been in a club ,but I would not consider anything less than 500 to 1 ,and the others would have to be responsible as far as what to shoot .. Something is gonna have to be done up there or their will not be any deer up there in 10 years .

Damn !!! I have heard yall were packed in there ,but I did not realize it was that bad . The question is what is a GOOD ratio . I have never been in a club ,but I would not consider anything less than 500 to 1 ,and the others would have to be responsible as far as what to shoot .. Something is gonna have to be done up there or their will not be any deer up there in 10 years .

500 acres would be 6000 $ person.Most land is 12 an acre an up.Glad you got the deep pockets.Maybe you can invite me down to kill some does.

I like 100:1 keep in mind I have never been in a club when all members where hunting at the same time. It's just nice to have space.

100:1 is what we are on our club. We have 15 members and I have never seen more than 4 there at once. I haven't had one problem with this ratio. Lots of game (deer, turkey, hogs) year after year.

Back
Top Bottom