• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good knife for field dressing deer

All my years of hunting I’ve never carried and used anything but a uncle henry bear paw. 4D5DB5A4-8C31-42BE-9536-2B4F3BFD83BE.jpeg

Nothing by Benchmade!

A nice fixed blade is what I like and makes for a better bushcraft/hunting knife. It depends on how big and how much you want to spend. Esee 3 or 4 depending on your size even the 5 but it is a little much for dressing a deer. Looking at around 120-130 for a 3 or 4. They will last you a life time or 2.

One the cheaper side it is hard to beat a Morakniv, a Mora basic or a larger Mora 2000. You are looking at under $40 and again will last a lifetime.

Buck 110's with a leather sheath is always a good gift for a deer hunter or a Buck 191 with the Zipper Gut Hook. Buck 110 is around $50 and the Buck 191 around $100. I have them both.

Field dressing a deer can mean different things to different people depending on their experience and skill level. For most it just means removing the guts/insides of the deer and leaving it in the woods. I use a cheap utility knife with a curved hook blade used for cutting carpet and vinyl.

Back
Top Bottom