• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good friends are good to have

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I've been shooting and collecting guns since I was 10 years old. My best friend started in about 2012 and they make really good money so he went out and bought just about one of everything you could get. So we're talking on the phone yesterday and I'm explaining my new 1911 build and some new AR-15 parts I've got coming in to upgrade a couple of rifles and he's standing down the basement looking through his parts. He said when we get off the phone text me your address. He told me he had a brand new set of Troy flip up iridium sites and they were still in the box and never been used. He also said he just didn't have anything to put them on and could I use them? With the very enthusiastic YES, I said absolutely I can use those on a rifle I've got in the middle of a build now. So he's going to box those up and ship them to me tomorrow. I don't get lucky very often but I just hit the big score on that one. They have the diamond type aperture which I've always been wanting to try but just hadn't got around to getting a set. I believe I'm going to like those. Just the rear aperture is 150 bucks on that set. I'd say that's quite a nice gesture there wouldn't you?

Those closest to you can and will **** you the hardest so choose friends wisely
Agreed. When I moved to Oklahoma the very first day of school, the very first class in the 8th grade was art class. We sat at round tables in groups of four. He was one at my table. We have been best friends ever since. That's over 40-42 years.

If you find one good friend in your lifetime you have done well. We had such a good time all that time it had to be a crime somewhere.

He just went out and started buying guns and we both joined River Bend Gun Club. I have always been a fun freak but he dropped out as quick as he got in. He still has a arsenal from mild to wild.

Back
Top Bottom