• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good deals at bladeshow?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody ever gone to bladeshow? Birthday is literally the weekend after and I have been chewing on snagging another sebenza or ultratech for a little bit now. Am I likely to see better prices than typical blade hq/knife art pricing? Is it worth it just for the general amount of cool knives there?

Thanks guys!
Caleb

I have gone to the blade show every year for the last 10-12 years. On new "mass market" knives you are not going to get wholesale / bargain basement prices. Most are going to get retail some may give you a little under. On the other hand there is a TREMENDOUS number of private collectors, custom makers, parts and material dealers and specialty vendors that you can bargain with and get great deal. If you have never been I highly recommend going. Give yourself plenty of time to look for what you are wanting. I wouldn't just go to the company booth and buy without looking through the private owners for the same thing.

Yeah I've looked at that one a couple times, wish it was listed a couple weeks ago when I had extra funds. Probably be my bday before I get expendable cash again though. Heard folks talk about $100 ultratechs there.

I have gone to the blade show every year for the last 10-12 years. On new "mass market" knives you are not going to get wholesale / bargain basement prices. Most are going to get retail some may give you a little under. On the other hand there is a TREMENDOUS number of private collectors, custom makers, parts and material dealers and specialty vendors that you can bargain with and get great deal. If you have never been I highly recommend going. Give yourself plenty of time to look for what you are wanting. I wouldn't just go to the company booth and buy without looking through the private owners for the same thing.

Worth the early bird admission?

I would not pay the early admission. Go on Friday afternoon, it's usually not as crowded. BUT Sunday afternoon is your best deal because people not wanting to ship everything back. Sunday is usually very crowded. Personally I will be there Friday.

as far as good deals i was not impressed. for most known knives i felt like i could do better shopping online. its great if you want to get your hands on a lot of surf though. If you already know what you want you'll probably be better of buying somewhere else especially after admission

look at some of the new "unknown" custom makers. They are trying to get their product out. Several years ago I bought a handmade knife from Justin Gingrich. He later sold his designs and works for Ontario Knife. His knife is the Afghan series.

Look around and enjoy the eye candy... I always find good deals with the little vendors. I found a Microtech Whaleshark for $200 in a small case of mixed and matched old stock.

Back
Top Bottom