• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gonna ride up to the Dragon this Saturday anybody else want to go?

I tried some helmets with the flip down secondary visor, but none of them would fit my big head. I have to wear a 3XL Icon. The 2XL won't even fit.

Check out shueburth. Exspensive, but they will fit your head. I wear a 7 7/8 fitted hat. I have a big f'n Mellon.

True story, I got pulled over less than a 1/4 mile from my house this morning. I hard accelerated to the speed limit on my road and 10 seconds later I was being lit up by the po po.

He asked what my rush was and if I thought I was on a race track, I replied no rush, just trying to warm my tires up since it was 30 degrees outside and my tires were just taking there first bite this morning.

He was cool and didn't give me a ticket, just told me to keep it cool and maybe invest in some tire warmers. LOL.

Ouch! That's almost my Icons, HJCs and Shoei combined.

Yeah, my dad paid almost a grand for the one I have, that was back when he was riding his BMW from coast to coast every year because he had nothing better to do.

Then he married a woman 25 years younger than him. No more BMW.

It's a first generation Concept when shuberth was the only company making a modular helmet. I think you can find used ones now for about 100 bucks.

True story, I got pulled over less than a 1/4 mile from my house this morning. I hard accelerated to the speed limit on my road and 10 seconds later I was being lit up by the po po.

He asked what my rush was and if I thought I was on a race track, I replied no rush, just trying to warm my tires up since it was 30 degrees outside and my tires were just taking there first bite this morning.

He was cool and didn't give me a ticket, just told me to keep it cool and maybe invest in some tire warmers. LOL.

It's a crap shoot with cops. Some will harass sport bikes for fun. Some don't even bother with bikes because it's a losing battle. My last "almost run in" with Gwinnett I was cruising at 80 on Hwy 78 (in a 45). Two Gwinnett were radaring on the side. They both just watched me ride by like "**** it, he'll be gone in no time."

It's a crap shoot with cops. Some will harass sport bikes for fun. Some don't even bother with bikes because it's a losing battle. My last "almost run it" with Gwinnett I was cruising at 80 on Hwy 78 (in a 45). Two Gwinnett were radaring on the side. They both just watched me ride by "like **** it, he'll be gone in no time."

Yeah, the guy I ride with is a Comercial driver so he keeps us near the speed limit. Can't blame the dude since driving is his lively hood.

He looks funny cruising at the speed limit on his stretched, bored, NOS, Busa.

Yeah, the guy I ride with is a Comercial driver so he keeps us near the speed limit. Can't blame the dude since driving is his lively hood.

He looks funny cruising at the speed limit on his stretched, bored, NOS, Busa.

No shame in that. When I had my BMW, I did a couple of mountain runs. The general consensus at the meeting spot was always "don't do dumb ****." But if I was leading and keeping close to the speed limit, they would all overtake me and say "**** you," and then proceed to twist the mountains at 90+. No thanks. My BMW was a tank and I didn't feel like going off a cliff.

No shame in that. When I had my BMW, I did a couple of mountain runs. The general consensus at the meeting spot was always "don't do dumb ****." But if I was leading and keeping close to the speed limit, they would all overtake me and say "**** you," and then proceed to twist the mountains at 90+. No thanks. My BMW was a tank and I didn't feel like going off a cliff.

I pulled over and let a Subaru pass me on the dragon. Head hung in shame.

Back
Top Bottom