Go for a run….

1673395607591.gif

If I went for a run I'd miss out on everything this world has to offer....:rip:

I “went for a run” for the first time in my life at 44 years old last year. I used the couch to 5k program and when I started it whooped my butt running for 60 seconds.

5 weeks later I ran a full mile for the first time in my life and 6 weeks later I ran nonstop for 40 minutes covering 5k. A week after that I ran nonstop for an hour and a half covering 7.5 miles (over achiever 10k).

I ran in a 5k race last Saturday where I got smoked by little kids and old ladies, but I finished without walking. My wife and I run every other day now, usually before the sun comes up and run at least 3.5 miles each time. Usually on Monday’s I go for a long run in the afternoon by myself.

The stress and anxiety relief, the relaxation, the sleep quality, the health benefits, and just being outside enjoyinng nature has vastly improved my quality of life plus since I’m doing it with my wife, it has strengthened our relationship. My wife has run since she was a teenager, and now I really feel stupid for not taking advantage of something that really does make everything better for the last 30 years.

I “went for a run” for the first time in my life at 44 years old last year. I used the couch to 5k program and when I started it whooped my butt running for 60 seconds.

5 weeks later I ran a full mile for the first time in my life and 6 weeks later I ran nonstop for 40 minutes covering 5k. A week after that I ran nonstop for an hour and a half covering 7.5 miles (over achiever 10k).

I ran in a 5k race last Saturday where I got smoked by little kids and old ladies, but I finished without walking. My wife and I run every other day now, usually before the sun comes up and run at least 3.5 miles each time. Usually on Monday’s I go for a long run in the afternoon by myself.

The stress and anxiety relief, the relaxation, the sleep quality, the health benefits, and just being outside enjoyinng nature has vastly improved my quality of life plus since I’m doing it with my wife, it has strengthened our relationship. My wife has run since she was a teenager, and now I really feel stupid for not taking advantage of something that really does make everything better for the last 30 years.

That’s ****ing awesome.

Started running regularly in my 30's and got many friends and coworkers to start and run their first races. Been out of it for a while. Still will do a 5k cold every now and then. Shockingly, I'm a lot slower now. :lol:. Hope to get back into again soon. Moved to an area where road running is much more sane.

The little kids and old ladies smoking me I could handle. The 74 year old speed Walker who passed me going up a long hill however….

I did a 5K a while back and a 67 year old man from Florida took first overall in the full marathon. He averaged 7:30 miles.

I do it for me. I’m not the fastest, but I ain’t no slouch haha When I started the only goal I had was to run nonstop for a preset distance or time. Anytime I beat the temptation to sleep in or be a poopy-pants and not go for a run is a win in my book.

261F60DE-0E20-490A-B65B-5751CC9B2B58.jpeg

This is about the only thing that can motivate me to go for a run. When I hear this ice cream truck coming up my block and I know it will pass my house in about a minute and a half.

And if I'm not out in time to meet it on my street, I've gotta run through my neighbors' yards and try to catch it one block over.

(and that's assuming I've got at least three bucks cash on hand to get the large cone w/sprinkles.)

One thing I could never do is run. I could knock out 60 sit ups in a minute but couldn’t run to save my life lol. Always wish I could be one of the running type but my body says you can ride a bike or literally any other activity but run.

Back
Top Bottom