• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 42 First Shots Review

I found a good g42 size comparison pic

Glock-42-Vector-8.jpg

Looks to be about same size as the pf9/lc9.

3 ladies & myself put about another 120 problem free rounds downrange today through the 42.
At 6 yds. their average groups were 6" with an occasional flyer or two caused either from jerking the trigger or a flinch due to recoil anticipation.

Rarely if ever has a group of inexperienced lady shooters been able to shoot that many rounds that accurately through a .380 on the range.
We started out having them all shoot the S&W M&P .22 extensively first to get the basics down before stepping up to larger calibers.

As expected the 42 is working great & is very popular since it is so user friendly once even new shooters grasp the basics of running a semi-auto.

Bringing this thread back from the dead

I rented several .380s and small 9s recently at a range
The beretta pico didn't even fire , not once , cycled slide, swapped Ammo etc . Apparently a total POS

We rented a Kahr 9 think it was a CW
And also a glock 42

I've shot large glocks before but since I don't have gorilla hands I can't get comfortable with the double stacks

I also Took my Kahr K-9 and my charter arms .38 snubby

The glock 42 is THE sweetest shooting auto loader I've ever used
Wow
No recoil at all
And very comfortable to hold and use
And very reasonably priced , $350 I think
I'm no glock fanboy , although my father was involved the Georgia DNR testing guns for the game wardens in the late 90s
And glock was the only gun that even came close to meeting their wish list of operating after being submerged in salt water for a week ,
Dropped from a helicopter , buried in mud and washed with a garden hose loaded and fired , etc
I will most likely be getting one soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 2015 a female friend of mine bought one, a Glock 42. I'm not sure what "generation" or "change" it was.

It fit her hand great. Much better than the chunky Glock 26.
I liked it also.
The trigger was nice and the sights were so much better than many other small pistols and small-frame revolvers.

But... we had some malfunctions. Especially with Winchester "white box" ammo from Wal-Mart. A lot of fail-to-feed and stovepipe jams on that stuff. Fiocchi and S&B ammo seemed hotter, and was much more reliable.

Aside from the jamming, everything else was good. Accuracy was great. Practical, rapid-fire accuracy was a huge improvement over a J-frame .38 snubby.

Maybe her gun just needs a break-in period, or it may need to be fed only ammo that it likes.

In 2015 a female friend of mine bought one, a Glock 42. I'm not sure what "generation" or "change" it was.

It fit her hand great. Much better than the chunky Glock 26.
I liked it also.
The trigger was nice and the sights were so much better than many other small pistols and small-frame revolvers.

But... we had some malfunctions. Especially with Winchester "white box" ammo from Wal-Mart. A lot of fail-to-feed and stovepipe jams on that stuff. Fiocchi and S&B ammo seemed hotter, and was much more reliable.

Aside from the jamming, everything else was good. Accuracy was great. Practical, rapid-fire accuracy was a huge improvement over a J-frame .38 snubby.

Maybe her gun just needs a break-in period, or it may need to be fed only ammo that it likes.

There was a recall for just what you described. I "think" it had something to do with the magazine or follower. If you have one of the older G42's with that issue and take it to Glock they will update the mags.

Back
Top Bottom