• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 36 45 acp

I purchased a G36 last year and haven't carried it much. I usually carry my G27 it just feels better to me. I just realized from reading your post that with two Glocks I can have the option of 9mm, .40S&W, .357 Sig and .45. Not too bad! I think its time to go barrel shopping. Who has the best deals and service?
Don't forget the 10mm for the 45. If it's a 21 or 30 you can even get a 460 Rowland conversion for it. Two guns, six cartridges! Not bad.

I had the 36 traded around and ended up going with the 30SF, i like it alot better. The 6+1 is the only thing i didn't like, with the 30SF you pretty much get the same gun just 10+1
I don't mind the lower capacity in a SD gun. The slimmer line and lighter weight is more important to me.

Just picked up a 36. Functions fine with round ball and a couple of the "pointier" hollow point self-defense rounds but won't feed a semi-Wadcutter for anything......and that's what I have about 5000 rounds of handloaded. Oh well, time for another round of load development.
Or a trip to Glock in Smyrna so they can fix it for free while you wait. Of course, that's if the Glock is rated for semi wadcutters and I'm not sure it is.

I had read somewhere the differences in them , cant remember everything but it was something like 3 ounces heavier for the 30SF. I Handled the 30, 30SF and the 36 and i couldnt tell any difference , some might but i couldnt
There was a distinct difference in the grip and ergonomics for me. I was able to handle them side by side and check the natural point. The 30s came up low left every time. The 36 was very close to being dead on every time. If anything, the front sight would be just a little high in the 36, which is a hell of a lot better than low like the 30 was.

haven't tried wad cutters in this gun... try a factory wad cutter may be a case issue,or is it hangin on the ramp?

Well, in full disclosure, it does have an aftermarket barrel(don't know which one, previous owner polished the logo off). It's the exact same ammo that functions flawlessly in my 21sf. And yes, it's hanging on the ramp. The beginning of the ramp appears to be "sharper" than my 21. I've never seen a factory 36 barrel so don't know if that's stock 36 barrel vs. aftermarket barrel or if there's a difference in the 21 vs. 36 feed ramps.

Well, in full disclosure, it does have an aftermarket barrel(don't know which one, previous owner polished the logo off). It's the exact same ammo that functions flawlessly in my 21sf. And yes, it's hanging on the ramp. The beginning of the ramp appears to be "sharper" than my 21. I've never seen a factory 36 barrel so don't know if that's stock 36 barrel vs. aftermarket barrel or if there's a difference in the 21 vs. 36 feed ramps.
hit it with the dremel and some mothers polish and get it smooth might solve the issue!
lead_slinger.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_04_G30S_23.jpg

Last edited:
Range report:

It's probably the lightest 45 ACP I've ever fired. That's great for comfortable carry, but you better have a grip on it when you fire. This puppy has some bite. I would not recommend it for an inexperienced shooter. With that said, I like it a lot. Accurate and flawless function. Good ergonomics and fast on target. Quick recovery for the next shot, especially considering the amount of recoil. The trigger sucks, but all Glock factory triggers suck. I'm awaiting news from sinic84 that my parts are in so we can fix the trigger. It's also difficult to find a good mag pouch. The mag is thicker than a typical single stack and thinner that a typical double stack. It also seems to be wider from front to back than a typical 45 ACP mag (strange). I'm sure I can find one on line, but no joy at any LGS.

The bottom line is that this weapon is now my long term EDC and it's only going to get better.

I was shooting my g36 yesterday and the pin in the grip started walking out. I pushed it back in and gonna wait and see when I shoot it some more.

Glad you like it. I've been looking for the right subcompact 45 myself. I carried a 1911 for many years and had tried Glock several times without success. I hate the trigger. Then my buddy, sinac84, perfected the art of Glock trigger improvement and I got hooked on the Glock 22 that he worked on for me. It's not my EDC, it's my SHTF weapon and I got the 22 because of the ability to shoot 9mm with nothing but a barrel change. I keep it as a 9mm, but have the original barrel in case 40 is all I can find.

I haven't shot a glock with anything but a factory triger. What improvement is done to make it better? If it makes it any better i would consider having it done.

Back
Top Bottom