• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 36 45 acp

brad sweet

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
146   0
Reaction score
So just bought one from Cherokee gun (Hell of a deal,thanks Rich) and pawn,read mixed reviews on this pistol and some bad and good came from that> single stack thin profile.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised how well it performed with differing loads and at different distances. other than capacity( 6+1) no complaints...at all. First to say it was a used gun that looked as if it was never shot,super clean and no sign of a smiley on the barrel. This gun in my hands felt similar to the G 19 with a little more snap of a 40sw. I was able to run ragged hole in center of target out to 75ft. once you establish a good grip and front sight focus it shoots POA/POI with most all loads cycled through it. no stoppages or stovies just clean crisp shot after shot, if you have small hands it may be to much for you. or if your smaller framed. its lighter than the G19 and feels like it disappears in an IWB holster. my new favorite and that saying something because ive gone back and forth with others & back to the G19. I,m so familiar with the carry of the G19 it will always be my primary,but this one ....it is going to be there too!
3.bp.blogspot.com__nm_V4FhbaZc_THXKgsANqRI_AAAAAAAAABE_recyF5g3drI_s1600_Glock36_01_Small.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you like it. I've been looking for the right subcompact 45 myself. I carried a 1911 for many years and had tried Glock several times without success. I hate the trigger. Then my buddy, sinac84, perfected the art of Glock trigger improvement and I got hooked on the Glock 22 that he worked on for me. It's not my EDC, it's my SHTF weapon and I got the 22 because of the ability to shoot 9mm with nothing but a barrel change. I keep it as a 9mm, but have the original barrel in case 40 is all I can find.

I tried a Kahr CM45 and had all kinds of problems with it out of the box (see my review), but eventually got everything worked out with it. Then decided I didn't like it anyway. LOL! I picked up a Glock 36 yesterday and Sinac84 will have the parts needed for a trigger job in by end of week. I hope I like it as much as my Glock 22. If not, I'm going back to good a Officer size 1911.

Glad you like it. I've been looking for the right subcompact 45 myself. I carried a 1911 for many years and had tried Glock several times without success. I hate the trigger. Then my buddy, sinac84, perfected the art of Glock trigger improvement and I got hooked on the Glock 22 that he worked on for me. It's not my EDC, it's my SHTF weapon and I got the 22 because of the ability to shoot 9mm with nothing but a barrel change. I keep it as a 9mm, but have the original barrel in case 40 is all I can find.

I tried a Kahr CM45 and had all kinds of problems with it out of the box (see my review), but eventually got everything worked out with it. Then decided I didn't like it anyway. LOL! I picked up a Glock 36 yesterday and Sinac84 will have the parts needed for a trigger job in by end of week. I hope I like it as much as my Glock 22. If not, I'm going back to good a Officer size 1911.
let me know how you like it!

I purchased a G36 last year and haven't carried it much. I usually carry my G27 it just feels better to me. I just realized from reading your post that with two Glocks I can have the option of 9mm, .40S&W, .357 Sig and .45. Not too bad! I think its time to go barrel shopping. Who has the best deals and service?

I had the 36 traded around and ended up going with the 30SF, i like it alot better. The 6+1 is the only thing i didn't like, with the 30SF you pretty much get the same gun just 10+1

Just picked up a 36. Functions fine with round ball and a couple of the "pointier" hollow point self-defense rounds but won't feed a semi-Wadcutter for anything......and that's what I have about 5000 rounds of handloaded. Oh well, time for another round of load development.

Yes I think I would like a 30SF better but my 36 is engraved so no trading it. I still like it though it shoots well!
I had read somewhere the differences in them , cant remember everything but it was something like 3 ounces heavier for the 30SF. I Handled the 30, 30SF and the 36 and i couldnt tell any difference , some might but i couldnt

I purchased a G36 last year and haven't carried it much. I usually carry my G27 it just feels better to me. I just realized from reading your post that with two Glocks I can have the option of 9mm, .40S&W, .357 Sig and .45. Not too bad! I think its time to go barrel shopping. Who has the best deals and service?
deal any where you can find one but I shop at Cherokee Gun and Pawn and PSA(palmetto state armory)and my friend Steve at SR armory(woodstock ga) a member here and hell of a good guy!

Just picked up a 36. Functions fine with round ball and a couple of the "pointier" hollow point self-defense rounds but won't feed a semi-Wadcutter for anything......and that's what I have about 5000 rounds of handloaded. Oh well, time for another round of load development.
haven't tried wad cutters in this gun... try a factory wad cutter may be a case issue,or is it hangin on the ramp?

Back
Top Bottom