Gibbs Quest Extreme Carbine in .308

Here’s the pics. I know this is probably sacrilege, but I didn’t really like the finish, so I dropped off for Cerakote in matte black and to get the scope mount opened up to accept pic style scope rings and not weaver. Also!! The scope rail just floats between the front of the receiver and the stripper clip feed!! So the smith is drilling and tapping the base as well. The base is just literally pressure fitted and held in place with a set screw. I wouldn’t trust that for one second.

Anyway, it was indeed in mint condition. The rifling was amazing. It looked like a mirror when I shined a light down it. Hopefully it shoots worth a damn. I’m going to mount a decent LPVO on it. If I can get sub 3 MOA, I’ll be happy.

View attachment 6615369View attachment 6615371View attachment 6615372View attachment 6615373View attachment 6615374

What are these based off of?

I really wish I’d bought one when they were like $200 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is off an Enfield forum:

“They also built 2 Sport Specialty rifles. The first, the Quest II Extreme Carbine, was built on an Enfield 2A action in .308 and had a nickel finish throughout. A flash hider/compensator helped to tame the recoil and included a see through scope mount. A new hardwood stock and a survival kit in the butt made this a weatherproof all around carbine.”

The nickel finish on mine was pretty good. I’m just so boring that I think everything metal on a gun needs to be matte black.

This is off an Enfield forum:

“They also built 2 Sport Specialty rifles. The first, the Quest II Extreme Carbine, was built on an Enfield 2A action in .308 and had a nickel finish throughout. A flash hider/compensator helped to tame the recoil and included a see through scope mount. A new hardwood stock and a survival kit in the butt made this a weatherproof all around carbine.”

The nickel finish on mine was pretty good. I’m just so boring that I think everything metal on a gun needs to be matte black.

Nickel?

I bet that was costly back then.

Cool.

Here’s the pics. I know this is probably sacrilege, but I didn’t really like the finish, so I dropped off for Cerakote in matte black and to get the scope mount opened up to accept pic style scope rings and not weaver. Also!! The scope rail just floats between the front of the receiver and the stripper clip feed!! So the smith is drilling and tapping the base as well. The base is just literally pressure fitted and held in place with a set screw. I wouldn’t trust that for one second.

Anyway, it was indeed in mint condition. The rifling was amazing. It looked like a mirror when I shined a light down it. Hopefully it shoots worth a damn. I’m going to mount a decent LPVO on it. If I can get sub 3 MOA, I’ll be happy.

View attachment 6615369View attachment 6615371View attachment 6615372View attachment 6615373View attachment 6615374
Matte black will look good on there. Or if not already started, a matte park grey. Get rid of all that shiny non-sense.

Back
Top Bottom