• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting into reloading

ziondwilder

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
0   1
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for someone just getting into reloading? I will be reloading 7.62/308, 5.56/223, and possibly a few different handgun rounds. I'm wanting to start the process but have no idea where to start, checked some videos on youtube and read some articles on reloading but I don't seem to know where to start from. Thanks for any and all advice.

Well I commend your interest but to be completely honest, you are better off buying bulk loaded ammo in your calibers and keep the brass for later when the reloading market levels out. Learn more about what you want to load and inquire on the single powder that works for both .308/223 (example BLC-2 or Varget)

If loading bulk go Dillon and don’t look back, if loading precision I’d recommend a single stage Redding T7 because it’s overkill and rock solid!

Don’t skimp on dies either, yes you can get a cheaper set but for around $30+ more you can have a superb set of dies.

Projectiles and powder are coming back pretty regularly at slightly inflated prices, it’s the primers and even range brass that are stoooopid these day

Early last year I would buy 1k Small Pistol Primers for $37 as much as I wanted...

I just received a box of them today from a online source for $82 delivered... and I’ve been looking pretty hard but refused to pay the $100+ per brick.

I’m happy to help evaluate equipment and components if you need a second opinion, or even answer a few questions to help clarify if needed. Just shoot me a DM

Does anyone have any advice for someone just getting into reloading? I will be reloading 7.62/308, 5.56/223, and possibly a few different handgun rounds. I'm wanting to start the process but have no idea where to start, checked some videos on youtube and read some articles on reloading but I don't seem to know where to start from. Thanks for any and all advice.
Nonliberal Nonliberal would be a good start

Back
Top Bottom