• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting into reloading

Nonliberal Nonliberal would be a good start
Im about tapped out but I do have a whole setup in Lee presses for cheap. Which ain't a bad way to start to see if you want to actually get into it. I read a lot of people (Im bad about doing it too) telling you to go spend everything you can and finance what you can't to get into something. You should try it first, learn the basics, you don't need an ammo plant to begin with. It's cool to have if you need 10s of thousands of rounds every week but you can learn fundamentals and be making ammo for a few hundred bucks.

Find an experienced reloader (or 2, 3, 4) nearby and spend some time with him/them observing, asking questions and getting your hands in the process.

Well I commend your interest but to be completely honest, you are better off buying bulk loaded ammo in your calibers and keep the brass for later when the reloading market levels out. Learn more about what you want to load and inquire on the single powder that works for both .308/223 (example BLC-2 or Varget)

If loading bulk go Dillon and don’t look back, if loading precision I’d recommend a single stage Redding T7 because it’s overkill and rock solid!

Don’t skimp on dies either, yes you can get a cheaper set but for around $30+ more you can have a superb set of dies.

Projectiles and powder are coming back pretty regularly at slightly inflated prices, it’s the primers and even range brass that are stoooopid these day

Early last year I would buy 1k Small Pistol Primers for $37 as much as I wanted...

I just received a box of them today from a online source for $82 delivered... and I’ve been looking pretty hard but refused to pay the $100+ per brick.

I’m happy to help evaluate equipment and components if you need a second opinion, or even answer a few questions to help clarify if needed. Just shoot me a DM
I appreciate the information and advice, sir.

Ooooh, they gonna get you

I love AO for the record and the Wallaces have always treated me like family.
dedce4bc04500cb6357ae113b65bb3ca95058eea2fa8e8088c974dc82ae87de1_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom