• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GET SOME. Official NFA Pic thread.

My old school IDF clone. A1 pencil barrel cut down to 12.9" by John Thomas (Retro Arms Works). Feels stupid light after shooting a fully kitted out MK18/CQBR.

KISS11.22.14.JPG

Looking good man. Why the swap out? Weight? Love the way the Surefire RC's look with the RIS II.
The main reason? After my love affair with a "close as you can get" clone of a MK18/CQBR simmered down, I realized that big Mil moves slow at adopting new/better tech. I wanted "go-to-war" features/reliability plus the latest and greatest "proven-in-theatre" upgrades. When USASOC started fielding the URG-I, I took the liberty of adopting the handguard. It is nice not having a cheese grater up front.

My first clone started off with me randomly thumbing through a Recoil magazine. At the time, the only AR I owned was a Sig M400. Never got around to picking up a S&B Shortdot but I probably will if the right deal ever comes along. I've got a Noveske branded ADM mount stashed away waiting for the day.

John Noveske's personal 300 Blackout carbine:

Noveske.jpg

My tribute:

IMG_20140511_134718.jpg

Exact match.

My first clone started off with me randomly thumbing through a Recoil magazine. At the time, the only AR I owned was a Sig M400. Never got around to picking up a S&B Shortdot but I probably will if the right deal ever comes along. I've got a Noveske branded ADM mount stashed away waiting for the day.

John Noveske's personal 300 Blackout carbine:

View attachment 2988743
My tribute:

View attachment 2988746

Back
Top Bottom