• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GET SOME. Official NFA Pic thread.

Exact match.

Not exactly... Noveske's carbine was outfitted with a BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 charging handle. I'm a lefty, so I opted for an AXTS Raptor (now Radian). Also, John's carbine had a mil-spec BCG and I built mine with a NiB-coated FailZero. Finally, the original had a mil-spec selector and (again, since I'm a lefty) I installed a Battle Arms Development ambi BAD-ASS selector. I did purchase all of the correct parts so that I could swap them in should I ever want to bring it to 100% (sans S&B glass).

Here is the Recoil article:

John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 124-125.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 126-127.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 128.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 130.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 132.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 134.png John Noveskes 300BLK SBR 136.png

Sweet.

Not exactly... Noveske's carbine was outfitted with a BCM Gunfighter MOD 4 charging handle. I'm a lefty, so I opted for an AXTS Raptor (now Radian). Also, John's carbine had a mil-spec BCG and I built mine with a NiB-coated FailZero. Finally, the original had a mil-spec selector and (again, since I'm a lefty) I installed a Battle Arms Development ambi BAD-ASS selector. I did purchase all of the correct parts so that I could swap them in should I ever want to bring it to 100% (sans S&B glass).

Here is the Recoil article:

View attachment 2989536 View attachment 2989537 View attachment 2989538 View attachment 2989539 View attachment 2989540 View attachment 2989541 View attachment 2989542

With the current prices for 9mm & .223/5.56 the way it is, got around to building a dedicated .22lr upper and picking up a taurus tx22 to get some cheaper trigger time and training reps in. Looking into possibly picking up an OSS rad 22 to reduce the blowback on the upper. Both are stupid quiet with the Dead Air Mask & Rugged Oculus.

IMG_6732.jpg
IMG_6774.jpg

With the current prices for 9mm & .223/5.56 the way it is, got around to building a dedicated .22lr upper and picking up a taurus tx22 to get some cheaper trigger time and training reps in. Looking into possibly picking up an OSS rad 22 to reduce the blowback on the upper. Both are stupid quiet with the Dead Air Mask & Rugged Oculus.

View attachment 2991362 View attachment 2991364
I’ve got a G44 and SBR’d 15-22 for this exact reason. Running the Mask on the 15-22. Got a CGS Siren and Warlock 2 I’m waiting on to decide what goes on the Glock.

View attachment 2991362 View attachment 2991364

I did the same thing right after Sandy Hook. I ended up with a dedicated SBR. 4.5" barrel with a SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor tucked under the handguard. Very easy to blow through bricks of .22LR.

...also, talk to me about the TX22. What do your lands and grooves look like? I've heard some horror stories.

IMG_20140510_145732.jpg

I’ve got a G44 and SBR’d 15-22 for this exact reason. Running the Mask on the 15-22. Got a CGS Siren and Warlock 2 I’m waiting on to decide what goes on the Glock.

Nice! It'll looks like I'll have to get another 22 can soon, since I now have to switch 2 cans between the ruger mkiv, tx22, and this upper. It never ends...

I did the same thing right after Sandy Hook. I ended up with a dedicated SBR. 4.5" barrel with a SilencerCo Sparrow suppressor tucked under the handguard. Very easy to blow through bricks of .22LR.

...also, talk to me about the TX22. What do your lands and grooves look like? I've heard some horror stories.

View attachment 2991693

.22lr are addicting, blowing through a brick of .22lr hurts way less than going through a brick of 9mm/.223&5.56. Regarding the tx22, lands and groves looks fine to my eyes, doesn't seem to be exhibiting the same issues people had earlier when they were first release. Taurus supposedly changed over to a new barrel manufacturer, mine is too new to call it g2g, I've only had about 40rd of cci minimag suppressed through it in my backyard. Will compare it's accuracy to my ruger mkiv tactical 22/45 when I get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom