Get home pack. What do you have in it?

I have never heard of a nuclear emp?
Detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere and it causes a huge area hit with a high intensity EMP. Estimates are that two or three one megaton warheads properly placed over the US would send us back to the dark ages for many years.

Read "One Second After". It's written by someone that knows the science. And it's scary as hell to understand just how vulnerable we are.

Detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere and it causes a huge area hit with a high intensity EMP. Estimates are that two or three one megaton warheads properly placed over the US would send us back to the dark ages for many years.

Read "One Second After". It's written by someone that knows the science. And it's scary as hell to understand just how vulnerable we are.
That doesn't sound good at all.

Some of you guys seem to be taking everything AND the kitchen sink. I understand wanting to have everything you might need, but DAMN.

This is the problem I run into when trying to put together a GHB. Carrying 50 pounds of **** on my back could end up being more of a problem than not having certain things with me.

Amoxicillin makes me **** my colon out. I'll pass on that one. But nice list.

Pack an antibiotic that works for you. When they were first discovered they were revolutionary and we take them for granted now. We shouldn't.
For those of y'all looking to stock up on antibiotics without a prescription, google "fish antibiotics for humans".

My brother in law told me about this awhile back. You can get several different types of antibiotics being sold over the counter for fish that are the same ones that are prescribed to humans.

You might want to go ahead and get a topographical map of the area, about the 50 mile radius you state. Learn to use it and a compass. Unless you want to be bait on the roads.... #1. Think ahead! Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Some of you guys seem to be taking everything AND the kitchen sink. I understand wanting to have everything you might need, but DAMN.

This is the problem I run into when trying to put together a GHB. Carrying 50 pounds of **** on my back could end up being more of a problem than not having certain things with me.
Same here... I start trying to prepare for any situation, gets unmanageable.
That said, my anal overprep paid off during the storm. I'm down from surgery on Monday, power goes out middle of the night. Having everything staged, fueled and ready, wife was able to get generator running and save the day(s). Having a working set of walkie/talkies to communicate was huge.
Big thank you to Jackson EMC for their quick response during power failures.

Just because you have everything you might need for any SHTF situation doesn't mean it all has to go with you. Depending on what the situation is, you might be able to leave some of it behind.

I notice that many have not included what weapon/s you have for the GHB.

Mine are:
A Suppressed and SBR 9mm JR Carbine with eighteen 33 round mags. It uses Glock mags of any length. Half are supersonic loads and the other half are subs. This weapon is actually movie BS quiet shooting subs. Thank you Dobb's Defense!

A Glock 22 with a 9mm conversion barrel and five Glock 17 mags. I have the original .40 S&W barrel in the pack in case that's all the ammo I can find. Just so you know, .40 S&W runs just fine out of a Glock 17 mag.

A Glock 42 pocket pistol with three mags.

Back
Top Bottom