• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Title - where is it?

dougiemac

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
119   0
Reaction score
Quick question for those that may know...

If you purchased a car out of state and had a lien against it, brought it to Georgia and titled it in Georgia, Georgia holds the title, correct?

Okay, so once you've paid the lien off on said vehicle, does Georgia automatically send you the title or do you have to request the title to get it sent to you?

Reason I ask is it's been years ago since we paid the vehicle off and we have moved houses since and we can't find the title. I don't want to turn the house upside down looking for it if it's sitting in a file drawer at the state.

Thanks for any and all help. :thumb:

Quick question for those that may know...

If you purchased a car out of state and had a lien against it, brought it to Georgia and titled it in Georgia, Georgia holds the title, correct?

Okay, so once you've paid the lien off on said vehicle, does Georgia automatically send you the title or do you have to request the title to get it sent to you?

Reason I ask is it's been years ago since we paid the vehicle off and we have moved houses since and we can't find the title. I don't want to turn the house upside down looking for it if it's sitting in a file drawer at the state.

Thanks for any and all help. :thumb:

It has been my experience that they send it soon after you pay off the vehicle

ya, i thought the lienholder will have the title. and send it to you when you paid it off. but if you registered it in GA with the actual title then i would think they have a copy.

Damn...so I guess it's turn the house upside down and hunt for the Easter egg with the title in it.

the leinholder probably still has it,

Im sure GA mailed the title to the lienholder listed on the title application.

Thanks guys. I'm gonna call the lien holder tomorrow and see if they have it. If not, I hear getting a duplicate is a non event in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom