• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Georgia Constitutional Carry

Are You For Constitutional Carry?

• Yes

Votes: 311 83.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • Dont Care

Votes: 26 7.0%
  • TACOS!

Votes: 19 5.1%

• Total voters
Last time I paid for a permit I remember it being around $35.
I'm not gonna have the state tell me It's my right to carry but could I please pay them $75.

**** that ****.
That being said, it would certainly make me feel more comfortable when this finally gets signed into law.

As of Saturday morning, GA2A (formerly GCO) was pleased that this bill passed the House, but now it goes back to the Senate to be reconciled with what the Senate passed earlier (slightly different).
So, GA2A supports this latest version of HB1358.

GA2a Banner.gif

As to the op question, I absolutely support constitutional carry. The problem is that I've never actually seen a state pass it. I've seen a bunch pass permitless carry, which is a great step, but not even close to constitutional. Constitutional carry law should read "All laws concerning arms are hereby repealed and federal arms laws are invalidated. This language preempts all local and municipal regulations." Or something to that effect. And maybe a defined punishment for any politicians who attempt gun control.

I'm for it. It won't change the background process so those forbidden still (theoretically) won't get a gun. But more people will probably exercise their rights, so that's a win. Hopefully a few of criminals will catch a few freedom-seeds and that'll keep others at bay. My only concern are the untrained accidentally shooting someone, or themselves, due to their ignorance. But this could also mean more business for FFLs and Instructors like myself. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of bill was later introduced about 'how firearms must be stored'.

I just want suppressors to be deregulated and listed (like other countries) as noise control devices and makes shooting sports more convenient to others.

Back
Top Bottom