• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Coast carrying

jkaczyn18

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
206   0
Reaction score
A guy at work and I were talking tonight and he asked me a question I did not know. I know the Ga gun laws pretty well and was stumped, I guess because I have never thought about it. He was asking me about carrying while in a boat on the ocean off the GA coast. What are the laws regarding this with or without Ga weapons license. I will also add he uses a kayak most of the time. I didn't know if your boat was considered an extension of your home like your car is or not. I know you can't carry on some bodies of water in the state as well. So school me on this subject.

To my knowledge a "boat" or water craft is NOT an extension of your home...so GWL laws apply. There are some fresh water lakes/rivers etc that you can not have a weapon with you or on the watercraft even if you have a valid GWL. These bodies of water are governed by the Army Corp of Engineers. They are considered Federal Property therefore forbidden.

As long as you are still in Georgia and the United States the same rules apply as anywhere else. Water has nothing to do with it.

To my knowledge a "boat" or water craft is NOT an extension of your home...so GWL laws apply. There are some fresh water lakes/rivers etc that you can not have a weapon with you or on the watercraft even if you have a valid GWL. These bodies of water are governed by the Army Corp of Engineers. They are considered Federal Property therefore forbidden.

Some COE land you can HUNT on with a firearm.Some WMAs are on COE land.You cannot carry a concealed weapon on you while on these lands,though.For instance,I have gotten a COE permit to turkey hunt with a shotgun on COE land at West Point lake,but can`t carry my pistol on the land.

What about all these ppl. that keep claiming to have lost their guns in a boating accident though?

lmaoo

Back
Top Bottom