• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***Edit*** Who Has The Georgia Code On School Carry?

No, they won't chastise you, they will put you in jail. More likely to go to jail in areas that hate Trump, but still, in my opinion, it's a huge risk for a teacher to carry without all the correct paperwork being approved. Even with the credentials in place, there are other things to consider. The teacher could loose his/her certificate even if they don't go to jail. From my experience, teaching has become much more dangerous in recent years. Some students are just looking for a fight. If you get in a struggle with a student (which sometimes happens), your concealed weapon will most likely be seen by someone. What are you going to do then, pull your weapon, shoot the student(s) you're struggling with? All kinds of bad things can happen. Just something to think about.

A non- prohibited/lawful weapons carrier CAN carry a weapon into a school safety zone to pickup or drop off a student, including inside the school building if the school requires entering the build to sign out a student. It’s been that way for years for a permit holder and now applies to non-prohibited persons as well, nothing new.

416-11-127.1(c)(7)
c. The provisions of this Code section shall not apply to:
7. “A lawful weapons carrier when such person carries or picks up a student within a school safety zone, at a school function, or on a bus or other transportation furnished by a school or a lawful weapons carrier when he or she has any weapon legally kept within a vehicle when such vehicle is parked within a school safety zone or is in transit through a designated school safety zone”

That does not say what you think it says, that says you must stay in the car.-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an ok article, but not all encompassing.

This is the actual code section (2022 version) and provides that you may possess a weapon during certain times, or if you are a certain person. It also does not discriminate license holders and laymen, just says lawful possessor. OCGA 16-11-127.1
I think this is the best use that we are looking for from GA Code § 16-11-127.1 (2022):

c. 6. "A person who has been authorized in writing by a duly authorized official of a public or private elementary or secondary school or a public or private technical school, vocational school, college, university, or other institution of postsecondary education or a local board of education as provided in Code Section 16-11-130.1 to have in such person’s possession or use within a school safety zone, at a school function, or on a bus or other transportation furnished by a school a weapon which would otherwise be prohibited by this Code section. Such authorization shall specify the weapon or weapons which have been authorized and the time period during which the authorization is valid;"

Got a warrant?
IMG_4509.png

Back
Top Bottom