G21 with Camo and Durakote. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klarktx

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
107   0
Reaction score
Picked up my G21 today from Hard Rock Candy in Oconee Country.

It had a rough slide from carry, maybe neglect. I received in a trade.

Dave did the Duracote AND parkerized (did the latter free as a test) and this thing seems bulletproof.

I am not 100% in love with the digital pattern (Urban Mirage i believe).Maybe it will grow on me. What do you all think?

Only pic I have at the moment. I will get get some higher resolutions up tomorrow.

i52.tinypic.com_neujp3.jpg

I'll be honest I don't care for designs on guns, I like things simple. But I do think that would look better in the old style non digital camo style. But it does look like quality work.

Well, since you asked. I think it looks horrible.
When it comes to camo though, I'm old school woodland and veitnam era tigerstripe. I was sickened when my beloved Corps went to digital pattern. :(
Not sure what it ran you but I believe I would have just had glock refinish the slide for me.

Last edited:
Sadly, I agree with most of you. I really had a totally different image in mind. I think the digi pattern is far too broad on a handgun. Were this a larger item, even a rifle, I believe it would "soak" up some of the rigid look.

Thanks for the input. At least I know its indestructible !! I will probably make this a truck gun. Or dig a 9' hole in the yard and bury it !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom