• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FYI: More fee's coming from Gunbroker

Shey

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
100   0
Reaction score
On 7/26/2021 GunBroker.com will be assessing a compliance fee. The fee will be assessed on the purchase price of the item only and will be added to the order total paid by the buyer. The compliance fee will be collected by the seller and remitted to GunBroker.com through the seller fee ledger. The fee will appear as a separate line item on the seller statement.

Example:
ujoLqd2Q4jV40OW9-c-pmslG-PuBf4ERtAHhEuyAc-IG3Z38goHBdWVG5TfdChA2QlmwQGLvkbIWNRXpKUwjuUKI2L6B2z9dwSVlNMsBV3hnT_kq3y_OfBeWMlW_zEugziV3jbKHclkockf7SJ5-2hI=s0-d-e1-ft

What is the Compliance Fee?

The Compliance Fee is a fee assessed by GunBroker.com and added to the price of the Item at the time of purchase. The U.S. states have been very active in passing new laws applicable to GunBroker.com, including in the areas of taxation, privacy and firearms. These laws have increased the compliance costs of GunBroker.com substantially.

Thank you,

The Team at GunBroker.com

Since the whole transfer fee started, it's too difficult to find deals to make it worthwhile to shop there anymore. Then they started collecting taxes, so it's one more mail in that coffin. Now they are just trying to nickel and dime us to boost profits.

Only reason I can see bidding now is if it's an older/collector gun that is hard to find locally.

I wouldn't mind the fees if the sight was run properly, but damn it they charge a lot for a ****ty product. Only thing they got going for them is they are the biggest name in gun auctions but they might be fixing to find out that can change.
A tech savvy person could make a much better site and take them over easily.

I wouldn't mind the fees if the sight was run properly, but damn it they charge a lot for a ****ty product. Only thing they got going for them is they are the biggest name in gun auctions but they might be fixing to find out that can change.
A tech savvy person could make a much better site and take them over easily.
Yeah, similar to that one GA forum that used to let people list guns/gun stuff for free but now they charge. 0 upgrades can be felt by the average user and we got stuck with just 3 listings..

Yeah, similar to that one GA forum that used to let people list guns/gun stuff for free but now they charge. 0 upgrades can be felt by the average user and we got stuck with just 3 listings..

Meh, I pay the dollar a month and rarely even list anything anymore. Well worth it IMO just for the entertainment around here.

I wouldn't blame Okuma one bit if completely whored this place to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom