• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FYI: More fee's coming from Gunbroker

I have used GB many times over the years, but use it less and less now. The increased fees, higher prices and buying sight unseen hurt it's appeal. Passed on some items from new sellers without any feedback just to be safe. I'd still use it and pay the fees & taxes if I see something I want though.

They probably did basic math and realized for the new total price or a bit more they can get one locally that they can physically look at before paying. Not saying it's right but that's a simple guess.

That wouldn't be the case at all because the only type guns in sell on Gunbroker are older obscure guns or one of kind cerakoted guns. I don't sell stuff on their you can get at your local store. Plus I start all my listing a penny so the buyer picks the price.

They just bid up to what they're willing to pay, then once they see the fees gunbroker tacks on they bail on it.

That wouldn't be the case at all because the only type guns in sell on Gunbroker are older obscure guns or one of kind cerakoted guns. I don't sell stuff on their you can get at your local store. Plus I start all my listing a penny so the buyer picks the price.

They just bid up to what they're willing to pay, then once they see the fees gunbroker tacks on they bail on it.
Pretty much sums it up. Lots of ebayer/flea market/gun show mindset buyers too. They freak out when you tell them they have to pay sales tax (because you better believe gunjoker IS 100% GOING TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE SELLER'S ASS.)

This, especially for hard-to-find items.

It’s great to have access to so many milsurp guys living in blue states who are selling off their stuff because they’re tired of the local regulations. In those cases I find cheaper deals than locally, even with the fees.

Downside is you don’t see it until after you’ve bought it so you have to be a savvy buyer. Ask for add’l pics and ask questions about the item’s history

My technique is to ask a question that’s not really stupid but kinda you could look it up fairly easy. If the guy comes back as a bit of an a$$ , I just move on. But there’s some that are really decent. Kind of a way to judge the sellers character . As you said be VERY specific and watch out for the hedge his bets words ! I’ve made two really good friends on there also.

I've been watching a few auctions there, and it's still amazing what people are bidding these gun's up too.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/906245688 - Currently $700 + $25 Shipping with 3H 45M left.
Something to judge prices on with that rifle, even though out of stock it's usual price is much lower than what that gun is going for.
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/hma60702

Since all of the retail sites are out of stock, buyers are eager to get one if its available. Regardless of price.....

Since all of the retail sites are out of stock, buyers are eager to get one if its available. Regardless of price.....

Yup, patience is in short supply in these buyer panics. I was surprised it's gotten that much considering that taxes will be added to that purchase price.

I still have one new in box that I just picked up a scope mount for it that I've had for about 4 years. Those mini action mounts aren't nearly as cheap as the standard 1500 actions, so it took some time for one to go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom