• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

fully ambidextrous striker fired 9mm?

I've had the CZ P10c ambi, it was horrible, stiff.

The 509 has the best traditional ambi mag release. Only other choice is Walther and HK with paddles. Mags come out without any effort in the 509. Really well designed. I've got one for trade.
0830191746.jpg
0830191745a.jpg

Pretty much narrowed it down to the HK VP9 Tactical and the FN 509 Tactical. Would be used mostly suppressed (will have a dead air Ghost M soon). pros and cons:

HK VP9 Tactical- from what I read the night sights are not high enough to clear most suppressors so probably need new sights. no slide cutouts in case I want to use an RMR type red dot. Sounds like it has a better trigger out of the box. comes with 3 15 round magazines. Seen a few for sale (standard model, not the tactical) used so I could get one and then get the TB for it.

FN 509 Tactical- seems like it ticks all the boxes. Slide is milled for RMR sight if wanted, sights are good, comes with three mags (2 24 round and 1 17 round). Trigger sounds like it has long pull but Apex makes some aftermarket parts for it, not too $$. FN is more money up front but besides the trigger seems like it wouldn't need much. I've heard that it shoots very well suppressed. More expensive than the VP9 but has all the goodies already.

Anyone shot both (ideally suppressed) and have any thoughts between these two? I have another FN (FNX tactical) but would like a dedicated 9mm striker fired pistol, so I'm leaning towards the FN but hard to go wrong with an HK.

I'll try to get out to a shop this week and see if they have both to try the triggers and grips. I have held both but not side by side and it's been a while on a VP9.

Pretty much narrowed it down to the HK VP9 Tactical and the FN 509 Tactical. Would be used mostly suppressed (will have a dead air Ghost M soon). pros and cons:

HK VP9 Tactical- from what I read the night sights are not high enough to clear most suppressors so probably need new sights. no slide cutouts in case I want to use an RMR type red dot. Sounds like it has a better trigger out of the box. comes with 3 15 round magazines. Seen a few for sale (standard model, not the tactical) used so I could get one and then get the TB for it.

FN 509 Tactical- seems like it ticks all the boxes. Slide is milled for RMR sight if wanted, sights are good, comes with three mags (2 24 round and 1 17 round). Trigger sounds like it has long pull but Apex makes some aftermarket parts for it, not too $$. FN is more money up front but besides the trigger seems like it wouldn't need much. I've heard that it shoots very well suppressed. More expensive than the VP9 but has all the goodies already.

Anyone shot both (ideally suppressed) and have any thoughts between these two? I have another FN (FNX tactical) but would like a dedicated 9mm striker fired pistol, so I'm leaning towards the FN but hard to go wrong with an HK.

I'll try to get out to a shop this week and see if they have both to try the triggers and grips. I have held both but not side by side and it's been a while on a VP9.

I have the 509T, it’s Trigger is broken in, RMR’d and suppressed if you want to take it for a spin.

I’ve been thinking about posting it here for sale but can’t come up good reason to convince myself to let it go.

Ive also got a PPQ, the gun the VP9 copied, so it could be a stand in for the grip feels.

I shoot lefty. Have shot Glocks in the past but never bought one. Picked up an APX compact when they were on sale and $75 rebate got the price below $300. I really dig it, and I don't worry about having an ambi mag release (b/c even when I've flipped the release on a 92, I'd manage to push it accidentally with the meat of my palm below my thumb). Disclaimer- I'm a Beretta nut. Double disclaimer- great gun but not lots of holster options out there (though you can find them).

Might look over the Canik TP9SFx, it is changeable to be lefty for everything, takes a RMR if you want.

Just need a threaded barrel, I have not shot it suppressed.

Back
Top Bottom